FF XIII Battle System

UltimaFantasy2007

White Mage
Gil
I've read a lot of wondering and theories and such; well here is a detailed description of the FF XIII battle system straight from the mouth of the Tosirou Tsuchida, the person responsible for the battle system. Hopefully this will answer a few, or a lot, of question for those who have them.

Just click on the link...

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/769/769653p1.html

This seems like a very good addition, to the final fantasy many successful battle systems. I'm excited to see this "new way of encountering enemies." Good find thanks for getting me actually intrigued on this title what I've seen of the game reminded me of the horrific game called "UNI"

Fran

Now I just have more questions on my mind. If it's not encounter based or field based, what is it?

Rather than a standard encounter-based system where battle begins with the allies and enemies in a face off, Tsuchida suggested that FFXIII's battles will begin with the player noting, "Oh, here's an enemy."

In other words...lame...
I personally loved the old means of encounter...whether it be random, or whether you could actually see and run from the enemy like in XII...
So in this one, you won't see the enemy coming at all.

Maybe he means that the encounter system will be like Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (ridiculous reference, I know), where the enemies appear out of battle but brag you into a traditional FF fight.

I seriously just hope the new battle system isn't stupid, and the female protagonist looks hawt. *pluc*

They said that the female protagonist is supposed to be based off of Cloud from FF7, at least personality wise. That sparks my interest.

Yes, I have to agree w/ Nephany in that the encounter thing sounds stupid. What point is battles if you can't run away from ones you cant win? But i'll wait and see before I judge.

how about making battles like tales of the abyss? where you are put in a random battle and can free roam the battlefield while battling enemies and have a limit of time before a spell

i like all of the battle systems theyve made so far, 10 was my favorite because there wasnt really ATB. anyway i'm sure they'll make something great, i mean we're talking about square enix

Back