Crisis Core FF7 Confirmed? Crisis Core Spoiler...!!!

Thanks for the pics. There very clear. I have heard rumors being they were going to do a remake but then all you here is that there just rumors. Why else would they put that at the end of CC????

So you never know, but I hope they do.

it would seem there is a sequal coming but squre has said repeatedly that they are not doing it, but i really hope they change their minds.

The tech demo was only made to show the capabilities of the PS3. The video can be seen on youtube. They had no plans to remake ff7 but after they showed the tech demo it got such a rave response, they began considering it. They have stated that they don't have time to do it currently, but would love to if they could ever get caught up on all projects. Also that they would want the original staff to work on it.

Don't get your hopes up. It is not happening anytime soon. Probably not for ps3 anyway.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793956p1.html some info.
http://www.psu.com/Square-Enix-talks-FFVII-remake;-new-PS3-project-News--a0001210-p0.php
some more info.

There is even some video interviews etc out there if you want to look for them.

Last edited:
Egh... don't read too much into the TBC thing... it makes sense both ways, but just don't get your hopes up too much.

Oh, and the Ending is not the PS3 tech demo... it is slightly different, and includes more footage of Cloud standing on the Train, but lacks him jumping from it.

Is CC actually being released in the uk or am i gunna have to get it imported???? That ebay price will cripple my bank account........and i could almost get a PS3 for that price for FFVII (if it ever DOES come out). Stuck between a rock and a hard place....can't they see the dilemas they put me in!!!!

It's being released 27th June in the UK

Here's a link:

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/5230505/-/Product.html?searchstring=Crisis+Core&searchsource=0

£17.99 best price i've found so far and i've pre-ordered it :D
I'm praying that they do remake FF7 if they don't i'd just cry! :P Not gay or anything but sweeeeet mother of god Cloud is hot! :D :inlove:

What I found interesting is that on the CC soundtrack, it contains a track called "to be continued (from FFVII 'Opening - Bombing Mission')" I don't know why the musics called to be continued, but it could be a sign...

I think the Tech Demo was a very misleading way of testing the waters, and the technology.

It doesn't seem like many people recall the FF8 tech demo they put out when the PS2 first came out, of Squall and Rinoa dancing in in-game rendered graphics.

No remake came from that, did it?

Personally, I think they'll remake all of the FF's, as technology gets better and better, and their ability to create unique games seems to hang in the balance. Nothing like shining up old ideas and turning them into new profit. Square would be insane not to do it.

But it won't be for a while.

What I found interesting is that on the CC soundtrack, it contains a track called "to be continued (from FFVII 'Opening - Bombing Mission')" I don't know why the musics called to be continued, but it could be a sign...

Its called such becasue its an alteration of the Bombing Mission track, and its placed upon the TBC sequence... seriously... don't read too much into it.

It doesn't seem like many people recall the FF8 tech demo they put out when the PS2 first came out, of Squall and Rinoa dancing in in-game rendered graphics..

Link?? I don't remember this at all o_O

Altho I agree these demos can be misleading, but hopefully, SE have taken note of the demand and will get it slippered. They will make an absolute fortune from it

Lol, I do remember the FFVI demo, and thanks for snagging a link of the tech demo. I have a high-quality version of it somewhere on this computer.

But, yeah. Tech demos...don't always mean remakes.

No, tech demos don't always mean remakes, but the amount of pressure surrounding SE for them to give us an FFVII remake is immense, and I think many people are hoping that after CC is done the makers of FFVII may just want to remake the game so they have everything in shiny graphics.

The pressure for a remake after CC will increase too, especially since non FFVII players will want a copy of the game, a game of which their is limited supplies of, SE should realise the potential profit in a FFVII remake, and just do it. It could all depend on how well CC sells though.

Il get a bank loan and buy as many as i can :wacky:

But you have a really good point there, new players to the series will be like thinking it's a new game or something (ok, so theres not many people who havent heard of it, but you see my point)

They might just be lying flat out. It's so heavily desired that SE must be insane not to be thinking of a FFVII remake. I'll say that they must at least have it or some other remake of the early 3D FFs in the drawing books. Keep in mind that SE has released alot of remakes for the DS and PSP within the past year.

What could come after Crisis Core? If the ending events are close enough to the start of the original, and this isn't fake, then heck yeah, they are going to be remaking it.

I could just do with a compilation of PS1 FFs on Blu-Ray disc. VI-IX, heck yeah. All they'd have to do is copy and allow for emulation.

No, tech demos don't always mean remakes, but the amount of pressure surrounding SE for them to give us an FFVII remake is immense, and I think many people are hoping that after CC is done the makers of FFVII may just want to remake the game so they have everything in shiny graphics.

The pressure for a remake after CC will increase too, especially since non FFVII players will want a copy of the game, a game of which their is limited supplies of, SE should realise the potential profit in a FFVII remake, and just do it. It could all depend on how well CC sells though.

I agree Aerith, the pressure on square to remake this game is bound to make them cave! If Crisis Core sells as well as it did in Japan, I wouldn't be suprised if a remake was confirmed in the next 2 or 3 years. I already know alot of people who are going to buy CC who have no idea what FF7 is, so the demand from people who haven't played it will be very high. Combine that with the billions of fans the game already has, and square will most likely go on and make it.

EDIT: And even though there have been demos that no actual remake ever spawned from, was the demand for those games to be remade as high as FF7? No. And those games have not been continued on or touched since, unlike FF7. They've already got all of the people they need to make it happen. Once those people's schedules are clear, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
I think you mean millions of fans... there aren't even a billion people who give two shits about anything FF... and since FFVII (the best selling FF anything) only sold like 10 million copies (which is a ton of copies to sell, but still only 1% of a billion)... yeah... there aren't anywhere near a billion fans.

Meh. Millions, billions, does it really matter? The point is ALOT of people want it. That's all I'm saying

Yeah... it matters... there are only 6.7 billion people on the planet. :P

C'mon guys. Please try and keep from posting one-liners and try and put more effort into your posts. I don't want to have to start deleting them.

Back