Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So what did you guys think of the voice acting? I really like Kain and Cecil's a lot, although I do think Kain has a very deep voice. Rosa...ack, I don't like hers at all. >.> It sounds a little squeaky for some reason. I thought Rydia's was much better.

Overall though, I thought they did fantastic with the voice acting there.

Not sure never heard it since i dont own the game, im just commenting because no one else commented and thats very sad :(. Anyways, the voice of Rosa couldnt be worse than the woman in the beginning of FFX with the blitzball sign ups... damn that voice was horrible as hell and heaven and the netherrealm combined :P

I've come to learn that MOST JRPGs with voice-acting don;t turn out good in English... Now, if only people would do my idea where you select between specific voice actors for each character to suit your taste before the game... That would be sweet, and maybe make the game bearable. Of course there's the whole 'but that takes up a lot of space' argument... But, do you want to really experience the game or suffer through it?

I was pretty please with the overall of the voices in the game especially Edge's and Yang's (Jackson Daniel aka Dan Woren, you're awesome!). The voices fit them nice to their personalities. The only voice I didn't care to much was Kain's. I thought it was a bit too deep like Mitsuki had said.

I've been watching a few english trailers on youtube and I have to say, I think they got the voice actors spot on. They're exactly how I imagined them. Cecil's suits him perfectly, Kain's makes him sound like a badass, Tellah's is quite amusing, and the twins sound like more than a few lines and they'll start to get annoying.

Really? That's odd. How else are they gonna pronounce the name? Sounds just about right to me. Any other way and it may sound awkward.

I like Cecils and Rydia's voice actors. But is it just me or does Kain sound more mature then he looks? How old is he meant to be?

It's not just you. I do think Kain sounds way too mature. Kain is actually 21 years old, but sounds more like a 30-year-old.

I hated Cecil's voice. I hated the accents too, but that's because I'm from a different part of the world.

Cecil's voice I liked, and Kain's voice I didn't mind that much, but Edward... well... just didn't like his voice that much. Tellah sounded rather suitable for his character, and I can't really remember Rosa's voice acting, so I'll reserve judgement. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it's nothing spectacular.

Last edited:
I really hated Rydia's voice. It really didn't suit her, and it made her sound 8 years old. Cecil's voice I liked, and Kain's voice I didn't mind that much, but Edward... well... just didn't like his voice that much. Tellah sounded rather suitable for his character, and I can't really remember Rosa's voice acting, so I'll reserve judgement. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it's nothing spectacular.

Are you talking about child Rydia or adult Rydia? Because the child one is meant to sound 8 years old. I thought that Kain's voice suited him, I don't understand why everyone hated it.

Yeah, I thought that myself. I havent heard older Rydia yet, but the voice for 8 year old Rydia sounds fine.

Are you talking about child Rydia or adult Rydia? Because the child one is meant to sound 8 years old. I thought that Kain's voice suited him, I don't understand why everyone hated it.

I don't think no one 'hates' it. I just think it kinda bother a lot of people since his voice is not really meant for a 21-year-old as it was too deep. It's no big deal though, just something we noticed.

Now as for Lord Golbez...his voice definitely suited him. In fact his was probably my most favorite one in the game, alongside Edge and Cecil.

I retract my last statement about Rydia; the ages really didn't make sense to me in IV. Sorry about that. But I stand by what else I said.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised with how well all of the voices are. I think that all of them fit PERFECTLY. I was iffy on Kain's at first, but in grew on me. :) Rydia sounded just like a pictured her. Though, it seems a bit off when she's an older woman. xD

I liked pretty much all of it, Rydias was really cute and I LOVED Edges. Rosas was really annoying though, I wasn't all that keen on hers at all. When I first heard her speak I was like ewww

Overall though, I think it was all really good!

Lol at Kains age, I assumes he was about 30, unless he smoked like 40 a day...... I wasn't all that fond of his either, it was like someone was speaking too low or deep or whatever on purpose xDD

I dont like Cecil's voice... After playing SNES version years ago... I didnt imagine him to sound like how he does...

For someone being the Dark Knight, he sounds to young... I imagined him to sound more mature... kinda like a voice Between Kain's and Cecil's.

As for Kain's voice... hard to tell...He is evil...so hes got that evilness...but yea...its to deep for him...

Back