FFVII: Materia caves?

Soul Saver

Perfectly sane
Veteran
Gil
Well, I decided to give chocobo breeding a try, and after much irrelevant questing and running about, mummy and daddy chocobo finally made a genetically superior green chocobo. The problem is, I'm running about on the airship, but I either can't find, or can't get to, the remote cave with the mime materia in it. There's a cave north-east of Mideel, on a long island, but it doesn't seem to be the right one, as the green mountain chocobo can't get past some sort of cliff. Help!!! :gasp:

I think thats the one with KoTR in it that your talking about, theres one near theGold Saucer and one near Wutai I think if memory serves me correctly.....and maybe one near Mideel.....?

Uh I'l go double check the guide... <_<

I was almost right, the one near the gold saucer is a bit further north, just fly around in the general areas of where I said :monster: You will find it, just look out for little caves

The one with Mime is defo the green chocobo though

Perhaps I'm searching in the wrong area? I was thinking that it might be near Wutai, as it has HUEG mountains, but I looked around by airship, and couldn't see any caves. =/

Ahh, thanks, I'll look around some more.

I know you have to land on one side of an Island that has a mountain I believe. Once you land with the highwind (which I think you have to have). You just cross the mountain and go in the cave.

I think thats the one with KoTR in it that your talking about, theres one near theGold Saucer and one near Wutai I think if memory serves me correctly.....and maybe one near Mideel.....?

Uh I'l go double check the guide... <_<

I've located all of them except the one near Wutai that's been mentioned, but I only have a green chocobo.

Off to Wutai it is then.

Aye, make sure you land on a green patch, that kinda goes without saying really :wacky:

Its like on the right hand side of the continent, fly on the side where the sea is and you will come across it eventually

Perhaps I'm searching in the wrong area? I was thinking that it might be near Wutai, as it has HUEG mountains, but I looked around by airship, and couldn't see any caves. =/

Ahh, thanks, I'll look around some more.

Hmm...

It may be located near Wutai itself. It sits alone at the edge of a cliff side, facing the mountains away from the water. Just search around the borders of the Wutai continent and you should be able to locate it.

Or just wait until you get a Gold Chocobo who can go literally ANYWHERE :wacky:

Wutai Cave, Mime Command Materia; On the east side of the continent with Wutai there should be a strip of land poking out that you cannot get to on foot, near the bridges, it has the cave on there. Land the Highwind on a grassy patch nearby and use the Green/Black/Gold Chocobo to get over the mountains and to the cave.

Mideel Cave, Quadra Magic Support Materia; East of Mideel. Land the Highwind near Mideel and use your Blue/Black/Gold Chocobo to cross the shallows to the cave.

Corel Cave, HP>MP Independant Materia; across the desert near the entrence to Mt.Corel. A Black or Gold Chocobo is required.

Round Island, Knights of the Round Summon Materia; Island located in the north-east corner of the map but is hidden on the radar. Can only be accessable by Gold Chocobo.

What Moonbutt said, all you need to do is train them and breed them (making sure you save before you breed incase you get summat you don't want)

Or just go beat Ruby.....not that I ever have mind

I got it. Thanks guys. And no, I'm not getting a Gold Chocobo. That would take ages. Breeding Green and Blue Chocobos is hard enough as it is! :gasp:

Well, the successful breeding of a Gold Chocobo would allow you to reach the Knights of the Round summon materia, which will really help you when facing Sephiroth in the long run. I used it's power to decimate Jenova-SYNTHESIS in a single attack. Breeding may take forever, but it's worth it.

Here's a link to breeding a Gold Chocobo:

http://internal.tbi.net/~max/chocobo.htm

Back