FFVII PSN Glitches

Guerrilla

Gil
I was so stoked when they announced Final Fantasy VII on the PSN store even though I knew it was a matter of time since they released it in Japan. I paid the price even though I still have the original three discs that still work like a charm. However, as I've played FFVII on my PSP I've noticed some inconsistencies compared to the PSX version as well as some glitches.

1. My friend for some reason was able to get to limit break 3 without ever getting stage 2 for the second limit break. I've played through the game numerous times and this has never happened to me.

2. During the fight with Bizzaro Sephiroth rather than Clouds party starting out in front of him they're positioned on his right side.

3. Some of the sounds such as dogs are different while some other sound effects are absent.

4. This is the main reason I joined up on this site to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. Me and two of my friends have gotten Yuffie’s ultimate weapon only to have it not available for use. It’s not in the item screen or anywhere to be found even though it was recovered. Is this just some odd coincidence between three people or has anyone else who has bought the game over the PSN experienced this?

Some of these issues have been just a tad frustrating.

The Limit Break glitch is well known from the PSX version.

Sometimes the battle positions whilst fighting Bizarro Sephiroth are changed depending on Clouds or the party average level. I can't remember exactly.

Ive experienced number one on mor ethan one occassion, I can't say Ive ever noticed 2 or 3, Im just not that observant

Can't help with number 4. Ive never had a problem with Yuffies final weapon, unles s you mean the superball(?) that you get from Fort Condor, I forget to get it every single time

And lets not forget to add the multiple Item glitch, which can be both good AND bad. I still can't beleive you can DEPLETE your items with this glitch xD

3. Some of the sounds such as dogs are different while some other sound effects are absent.

This, I believe is an emulation issue. Even if you use your PSX discs on a PS3, because it runs the game as an emulation, certain sounds are different or absent. I had a nasty experience recently playing FFVIII on my PS3, some of the menu sounds are weird, and the "flash" before a battle looks nasty.

Interestingly, the first lot of backwards compatible PS3s played PS2 games properly, as they had the PS2 chip on board, but later versions have backwards compatibility in the form of an emulator (PAL releases).

I have the psn version too and have beaten all the weapons and got most of the items and limit breaks. I've done pretty much everything in the game except for chocobo racing and breeding, and I didn't really have/notice any problems like this. It's pretty consistant with the disc version.

There is no limit break glitch. You learn limit 2-2 by using limit 2-1, you learn limit 3-1 by killing enemies. Thus, if you kill enough enemies without using your limit break, you can easily jump to 3-1 without learning 2-2.

Can't say anything about the other glitches you mentioned, though. From what I understand the PSN version is literally just an emulation of the PSX version, so most of the gameplay glitches you experience were probably on the original, as well.

The first two I've experienced, but I don't really think they're glitches, as I had that with the original copy of the game, and the original playstation. =/

As for the third, though, I havn't noticed anything like that? I had to lose my data when my Ps3 went screwy a little bit ago, but I've been playing it on the PSP and everything SEEMS normal...?

i'm having a similar glitch with yuffie. she's learned all of her level 1, 2, and 3 limit breaks and every time i try to give her all creation she says "nope, don't get it yet," or something along those lines. i played ff7 a zillion times on playstation and never had this problem, only with the download from playstation network onto my psp. :eek:( it sucks.

With Cloud, I had my limit break go from 1-1 straight to 2-1 without learning cross-slash. that happened twice.

With Cloud, I had my limit break go from 1-1 straight to 2-1 without learning cross-slash. that happened twice.

Yep, that can happen :D In PSX version as well. It's not bug, it's because of the limit break learning system. 1-1,2-1,3-1 all needs you to do certain amount of kills while 1-2,2-2,3-2 need you to use the same level -1 limit break certain amount of times.

EDIT: Oh sorry ... didn't notice that someone already had answered to a similar question before ...

Last edited:
To echo previous statements: #1 is no glitch, but I'll go into a tad more detail:

You get the first stage of every Limit Level (after Level 1) by killing 80 enemies. So, for example, if you kill 80 enemies, you'll unlock the first stage of their 2nd Limit Level. Kill another 80, and you unlock the first stage of Level 3. The only exception are Vincent, whose number is lowered to 60 kills, and Cait Sith, who doesn't have this altogether.

Now to get the 2nd stage of each limit level, it depends on how many time the first stage of each Level is activated. These numbers vary per person and per level. So it could be 8-7-6 (Cloud's, Aeris'), or something like 9-8-7 (Cid's).

That's a game mechanic.

As for #4, just to clarify, it was "The Conformer" right? This has never happened to me.

I just recently got the PSN version of 7 and started a new game. I haven't noticed anything weird yet, but after reading this I will pay close attention to what's happening.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but it has happened to me twice. After a battle, the game will glitch and all text will become unreadable. All of the environments will look like static, but I can still move around and interact with things. I just can't read what the heck it's saying. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Nope :S
I thought the limit breaks was actually a glitch but I realized its not. becasue I had 3-1 without even having 1-2
And I'll look out for more when I play it ;)

I have only played the psn version so I am not good in this but I heard that in the ps1 version when you get into a fight it stops for about 2 seconds which in the psn version it goes into battle instantly.

Yeah some of the glitches have happened to me before also.

Also I spotted another glitch where all the colour on your menu goes funny and occasionally in game. Don't know if anyone else noticed.

Yweah I've had that, especially when I get a game over and load a game, the summon materias f**k up and the boxes that have countdowns or the degrees mess up aswell.
T'was really annoying for me coz this happened to me when
I have to stop the train from crashing
:rage:

Yweah I've had that, especially when I get a game over and load a game, the summon materias f**k up and the boxes that have countdowns or the degrees mess up aswell.
T'was really annoying for me coz this happened to me when
I have to stop the train from crashing
:rage:

I can imagine, it was annoying when I was just wondering around and training, just be a bugger when your actually doing an important part in the storyline.

Back