FFVIII : Love It Or Hate It?

Love it or Hate it?

• Total voters
i like it and it could have been the best final fantasy if they had let seifer join the team later on. but becasue he couldn't it isn't and probably like the 3rd or 4th best. it had everything in it, great story, gameplay was fun but the usable character just wasn't as likeable as the other one. the only really great character in the game was rinoa, everyone else was only average

Hmmmm. The game was really good, it brought new functions to how FF is played via the Draw and Junction system, players didn;t really have to level there characters as long as they kept the magic up and junctioned well. The card game was dull, the Queen of Cards side Quest was a pain, the rules ruined it The story was good but Seifers part in the game was stupid. Overall it was a great game

I enjoyed it, Sure it had some corny moments, but they were good moments all the same. The junction system is annoying at first, but once you get the hang of it. You can truly make some kick ass character's. The character development was good and it all came together in a stunning, beautiful game. The Rinoa-Ultimecia theory gives me headaches though. lol

lots of ppl didnt like FFVIII, cuz of lots of things, i loved it as much as other. the junction system makes it easy to be strong even on a low lvl, Triple Triad was a great addition to the game (actually im still palying TT on internet). overall it was another great addition to FF series

I loved this game, but then again I'm probably a little biased because it was the first FF I played. I think the storyline is very good, and the indirect subplot of love and such. The problem with playing this game as a first was that I got used to the junction system, then when I played the other games with the "conventional" magic setup, it took a little while to get used to. But this is still my favorite FF in many ways and I'll still play it for many more years.

I love it!!!
The romance, junctioning system... The characters etc... etc...
It was also the first game of the series I popped into the ol Playstation. Fell in love with it instantly... Love at first sight!

FFVIII is excellent. Just recently played it again because I managed to locate my install disc for the PC version, and it was a lot better than I remembered. It's the best FF game I've played after VII. I can see why it's one of the more controversial entries in the series, beyond the perhaps unrealistically high expectations on any game that has to follow FFVII, but I'm definitely on the "love it" side.

Actually I didn't love it OR hate it. I'm indifferent towards it. I do think that it could have worked better if the game was cut off at the end of the first disc with Squall being impaled by some ice chunks.

I thought it was pretty ridiculous at parts where they're all like..omigawd we all came from the same orphanageeee!! WHAT A COINCEDENCE, no wait, IT'S FATEEEE... It was also ridiculous with the...my daddy and your mommy were in love but it never worked out but now we're in love.
:dave:

It was all rather unnecessary and made the story unbelievable. Not that it was believable in the first place, it just made the story line more ridiculous.

*shrug* Eh I really don't have an opinion one way or another though.

Yeah, the orphanage was the weakest part of the story line. The ending was somewhat confusing, as well. I don't blame people for thinking Rinoa was Ultimecia, considering all the plot holes and possibilities.

But, besides all that, FFVIII will always have a place in my heart, as it was the first one I played in the series. I never beat it, either.. how shameful is that? The reason is because my third disc stopped working.. and my data was deleted. I deleted the data thinking "Ok, I desperately need room on this memory card, and since I own FFVIII, I'll just delete that so I can replay the entire game again!" And now I regret making that decision -__-.

Last edited:
FF8

why i love this game is because this is the 1st final fantasy i ever played (was on a demo lol)

I dont hate FFVIII per se, but it isnt my favorite of the FF's that I've played. The story was good, I just didnt buy Squall as a main character. He didnt seem to appeal to me, I never really liked him. The only characters I liked in the game were Irvine, Zell, Seifer, and Rinoa was pretty tight too. The GF's were badass, I have to say that was the coolest thing of the game that I really liked. As usual though this game had a very good soundtrack, Uematsu didnt disappoint in this game for sure.

I absolutely love this game, it is on my top 5 list of my favorite FF's. I loved every character, I loved how you watched them change throughout the entire game. I loved the battle system, the draw system I thought was really cool and innovative. And the whole GF thing was even better, the fact that you could learn and use abilities from a summon was awesome. All in all it was a great game and fun to play all around.

I loved the characters.... specially how the use the theory of the Suffering Inner Child (Superego) Which Squall shows with his thoughts when the story came to friendship actions. Needless to say that the story is one of my favorites. It added a routine of love and hatred abandoning the schemes of just going after the bad guy.

I'm somewhere in the middle of love and hate with this game. Its a good game by all means just not one of my favouites.

Gameplay was good but the Junctioning system was a little tedious sometimes, got boring using 'Draw' so often. Plus the spell Aura and Limit Break nuking took a bit of the challenge out of the game towards the end; good for lazy gamers but people who want a challenge are best off avoiding the spell.

I quite liked the story, in particularly Laguna's (greatest battle theme ever) and Esthars plot. However, Squall's teen angst became pretty boring after a while; a little bit more personality wouldn't have gone a miss either.

Last edited:
loved it.Best ps1 FF by far.The beautifully drawn characters and backgrounds,the unique in a good way story,the engrossing battle system,this game had everything i wanted in a game.i did not want it to end,but all good thing had to end(damn higher powers:()

I love it. My fav game ever. I love the gameplay and the story.
The junction system was really awesome imo. And Gunblades are epic.
All of the characters are great too.

Back