FFVIII : Love It Or Hate It?

Love it or Hate it?

• Total voters
Definatly love it!! It was better concieved than FF7 & Squall is a much more capable & confident hero than Cloud was, also the Junction system offered much more customization than Materia ever did & I really enjoyed the love story between Laguna & Raine (though the seperation from Julia was pretty sad...T_T) & between Squall & Rinoa.

Cloud COULD have had Tifa BUT he was too busy looking at his feet & feeling sorry for his predicament to knowtice that she likes him, his loss. :/

My first FF game & what a introduction to the series it was. The junction system was very confusing at first but this was my 1st rpg before FF8 all i played was FPS/sport games.
The best part by far for me though was the cards I have replayed the game many times just to collect them all.

LOVE it, my favourite.

compelling storylines, beautifully presented characters evolving throughout the storyline.

Rich universe with GFs to be found in unexpected places, beautiful romance between squall and rinoa.

Definatly love it!! My first FF game im play n many many play it n now im play it again after 10 year ago play..... ;)

Love it. It was my first, and favorite FF to date. Was also coincidentally my first game on a system other than a gameboy. I seriously can't find any flaws with this game, other than the graphics of the PS1.

Final Fantasy VIII is one of my fav games. It has to many good things on its side. The limit breaks as well as the GFs are my fav of all FFs, and To many memorable momments. I can't think a of a negative thing to say about it....maybe that the world didnt have much in it....but still ,you can always play the "what makes it better game".

The way FFVIII is, is the way i like it.

I just got FF8 in a week ago, and it might be my favorite FF.
I like how all the characters have specific personalities. Zell is an awesome dude with ADD, Seifer is a selfish...uh, "spoony" anoying guy, Rinoa is really talkitive and Selphie is kinda clumsy. My only 2 problems with this game were the Draw system, and Squall. (I can practically see the death threats flowing into my mailbox.)
But really, the guy barely shows any emotion at all untill 2 or so hours into the game.
I'm not to fond of having to stock up magic and use it to raise stats either.
But I like pretty much everything else.
I've played about 6 hours, and I'm right after the part where you first see Laguna.

I did'nt like it, maybe because FFVII was so brilliant, that VIII let me down..And that Card-game you could play, really didnt do anything for me.

The characters did'nt appeal to me..I did'nt have a love/hate feeling about any of them.
The story was not as great as VII or X...It was good but nowhere close to those..

With that being said, I try playing it again when I finish X.

FF8 truly is the most epic game in the FF series.
It was the first Final Fantasy game i properly played and it just inspired me alot, the story was poetry from beggining to end, i could talk about it for hours.

My only doubt is that alot of ppl say that FF8 doesn't top FF7 and i haven't played FF7 enough to make a true opinion, but i doubt it would change my love for this game!

LOVE!

Uhh. I dunno what else to say.

I just think it's awesome. Somepeople say it's story is weak and blah, blah, blah. But I love romantic stories, so maybe I get a little blinded.

I find Final Fantasy VIII to be better than Final Fantasy VII in many regards. I mean, Final Fantasy VII has a better villian(not Sephiroth) but I like FFVIII mechanics to be better. Err. Anyway. I don't get the whole FFVII thing, and I love FFVIII.

I hate it, it bored me to tears, I couldn't get past two hours of the game and sold my disk... I then bought it again on PSN, tried to play it again and couldn't get past 20 mins...everything about it is soooo booooorign

Hate the way that enemies level with you, kinda ruins the point in levels but like the junction system and think this game has the best characters.

innovation

This game really showed some weird innovation and helped stir up the final fantasy experience, so it didnt feel like the same game with different characters and plotline

I never understood why people hated FFVIII I loved it! I loved the character the story line everything :D Also it was my first FF games.

I love FFVIII and it's for me the best Final Fantasy game. I love the characters and storyline. There's a lot of side quests not to mention the ultimate weapons and weapon system that is fascinating. Junction system is a wonderful and really original. Everything about this game is truly great.

I really despise FFVIII.

Honestly the main reason is due to the bitter resentment I cling to. I'm sure some of you can share my pain when I say that I hold a hatred for it because the game disc crashed at the final cut scene!! Little me (I would have perhaps been, 11?) never really got over that betrayel to be honest and even now it comes up in conversation. Interestingly White Knight Chronicles did the same thing to me last week, though I didn't view it with quite the same anquish, I just paddied on Facebook and haven't played it since...

Rage aside however, it is still my least favourite FF. I didn't like the graphics (Though respect retrospecitvely that at the time they were pretty advanced), the plot or character development (if there was even any to be had) that much and though the drawing magic system was unique, you never wanted to use your skills lest you stats decrease.

I liked the upgrades through magazines and how monsters levelled with you but Triple Triad was pants and overall I think the game fell a little flat.

I absolutely adore this game. It was my first FF, I played it about 7(?) years ago. I have played IV, VII, IX,X,X-2,XII and XIII, and it still remains my favourite.
I loved the story, the characters, the action and the gameplay.
People hate on Squall a lot because he's a loner and a jerk (yes, he is kind of a jerk), but honestly if he doesn't start off that way, how could he change? I'm glad that he doesn't fall into the main-characer trap that a lot of FF game characters fall into.
Rinoa. She is annoying and clingy at the beginning of the game, I really hated her, but her character gets a lot better over the course of the game.
Zell, my second favourite character. He's so cute! Selphie's kind of annoying (who is cheerful all the time?), Irvine's the typical womaniser and Quistis is probably the least built upon character, but still intriguing.
I love the whole soceress/knight thing too.
I don't understand how someone can play the first 10 minutes of a game and think that's what the entire thing is going to be like. Of course the beginning is going to be a little slow, that's the whole 'setting up' part.

Back