FFX Timeline (Spoilers)

Well to be honest, some of the details I didn't know, some I've forgotten, and some I knew, although I didn't really start to put things together until recently, so I never had a real grasp of the story when I played. I really need to play this again...

So...are there anything in the timeline that sounds a bit off...?

im pretty sure seymour got anima more than a year before FFX...he got her as a kid and hes an adult in FFX...

mayby i have my facts confused...but im pretty sure it was more tha 1 year...

I think it's perfect except I don't see why the Zanarkand peoples would use Aeons... The whole city was filled with machina right??

Well I think that before the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle, the entire world was technologically advanced.

After the war, Bevelle submitted to Yu Yevon's power and discontinued their use of machina, secretly keeping some of their ancient machina hidden below the city (as we see in Bevelle's cloister of trials, and FFX-2).

And as for the rest of the world, sin caused the destruction of all the great machina cities in the world; sinking them into the sea and whatnot.

So, yes. Zanarkand was full of machina before the war, hence why the dream Zanarkand is full of machina as well.

I thought everyone who lived in Zanarkand was drained into the fayth and became a dream to use the final aeon wow i kinda was totally wrong well thanx for clearing everything to me Mitsuki:cool:

Right, so Tidus was actually Shuyin but was a dream? Shuyin also had a girlfriend Lenne right? So why wasn't she in the story?

...No, we're not 100% sure that Tidus was really Shuyin. That's a theory - one that I support. And Lenne wasn't in the story because she wasn't needed in FFX. She made her debut in FFX-2, and that's where a bunch of theories sprouted up, as well as few confusions here and there.

Lenne was probably not there because, somehow she was inside the songstress dreasphere but that another story :P

Baix said:
Tidus along with his family actually being 'real' hasn't been stated as a fact, has it?

I had always thought dream Tidus and dream Jecht were based on a real Tidus and Jecht who existed at some point in the past, but then people started telling me dream Tidus was "based" on Shuyin. I guess that makes sense, because they do look a lot alike, but does that mean there was a dream "Lenne-ish" person in dream Zanarkand as well? She would have looked a lot like Yuna.

Shuyin is not Tidus, and he never was. The people that live inside the Dream Zanarkand are not necessarily all the people that existed on the real Zanarkand a thousand years ago. Shuyin died before the destruction of Zanarkand while trying to prevent his lover (Lenne not Yunalesca) from being in the war because of her status as a summoner. After Shuyin and Lenne were slain by Bevelle Guards, the war followed up until the people of Zanarkand were cornered and forced to retreat to Mt Gagazet. In a desperate attempt to save his beloved city, a summoner named Yevon (or Yu Yevon) gathered the people and asked them to become the Fayth, the strength he needed in order to summon a being powerful enough to fight against Bevelle and their machina. At that time, Vegnagun was created (or probably several years before) to serve as Bevelle's triumph card, but it was never used fearing that Vegnagun would destroy Bevelle along with Zanarkand due to failure of being able to differ foe from ally. Vegnagun was simply unstable, uncontrollable, it was like Bevelle's own version of Sin.

Back to Yevon, the summoner used the survivors and summoned the almighty armor which would be later known as Sin. Sin in fact became Yu Yevon's very own "Vegnagun", for it wiped our Zanarkand instead, and it also decimated Bevelle's armies. Yevon's intentions were to save Zanarkand, but he ended up destroying it instead. In an attempt to amend for his mistake, he used the power of the Fayth to summon a Dream Zanarkand (Dream Zanarkand was creater after the destruction of Real Zanarkand).

Although a powerful summoner, the strain the summoning took on Yevon's mind was simply too great for him, and it ended up consuming his very soul and as a consequence, setting Yevon on an endless summoning. He no longer had any other purpose, his existence was simply to keep the summoning and to destroy all civilizations that could end up as Bevelle. Still, Yu Yevon only would destroy Bevelle if they opposed him, something that would have probably happened if it weren't for Yunalesca.

Yunalesca knew his father had to be stopped because Sin would probably destroy everything, seeing the Final Summoning Ritual as her only hope. I believe that, the Final Summoning Ritual is similar to the summoning that Yevon used to create Sin, only on a less larger scale, and it would also cost the summoner's life for it would either; die due to exhaustion or killed by the Final Aeon. The first Final Summoning, Zaon, pierced through Yevon's armor, but could not destroy the summoner and thus ended being the next host for Yevon. By using the energy of the Final Aeon, Yu Yevon is able to create another armor. As time passes, the Final Aeon loses all rationality (and even though the Final Summon fights against the mind control, it is a helpless battle), and becomes another mindless puppet of Yu Yevon. After Sin's "apparent death", the unsent Yunalesca made an agreement with the remaining survivors of Bevelle, which resulted in the creation of the Yevon Religion. The terms were to worship Yu Yevon, and continue the endless cycle of the Final Summoning. Machinas were banned to an extent, allowing only limited use to Bevelle.

The cycle of death and rebirth began, and summoners walked the same path as Yunalesca to defeat Sin and offer The Calm. Years passed, and the Dream of the Fayth continued to "dream" the "Other Zanarkand", allowing it to lead normal lives as if the war never existed. In this world, each person was based on fragments of memories from the Fayths, one of them being Tidus, who was created according to what they little remembered of Shuyin, but was given a different role instead. Jecth and Tidus' mother were created as well, and everything would have been similar to other people's lives if it weren't for the time when Jecht accidentally got in contact with Sin.

It was Yu Yevon's power that allowed him to exist outside the summoning. Jecht and Tidus are summons, or dreams if you prefer. Since Sin's destruction happened recently, Jecht's mind was still struggling for control, hence why he (not Yu Yevon), is affected by the Hymn of the Fayth and by Tidus' voice. In fact, it was this simple weakness that allowed Tidus, Yuna, and the others to be able to weaken Sin to the point of being able to damage it and even get inside Sin.

The party defeated Jecht, but since there was no Final Summoning, Yu Yevon emerged to possesses another aeon. Yuna's aeons served as a barrier that shielded Yu Yevon, as long as they existed Yu Yevon would be invincible, so they had to defeat them all. After having no other summon to possess, Yu Yevon was vulnerable, exposed to defeat. Yu Yevon was defeated, but since it was him who summoned Sin and Dream Zanarkand, everything created by him would fall alongside him. Tidus was part of that summoning as well, so he faded away with the rest of Yuna's aeons.

Although the Dream of the Fayth stopped, they existence did not fully ended, they simply left because their existence was no longer necessary, hence why the Dark Aeons were still able to exist even after Yu Yevon's demise. Yuna, regardless of her changes, was still a summoner, so technically did the same as Yu Yevon, she summoned Tidus from the Farplane and allowed to exist thanks to the Fayth.

PS: It's been a long time since I played that game, and all I wrote was based on what little I could remember.

Also, good job Mitsuki. Thanks for making a thread that made write a huge post. Also thanks again for the info.

PS # 2: Shuyin is NOT Tidus. Tidus is just like another summon created by Yu Yevon and the Fayth. There's no proof about their existence before Dream Zanarkand. Their creation was a result of the Dream of the Fayth, in an attempt to reconstruct Zanarkand. Their existenceand and resemblance is simply a coincidence.

PS # 3: Damn now I want a Sin/ Jecht Sig :brooding:

Last edited:
Julius Argexis said:
In this world, each person was based on fragments of memories from the Fayths, one of them being Tidus, who was created according to what they little remembered of Shuyin, but was given a different role instead.

OK, this is what I had been hearing and what makes the most sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Has all the Shuyin stuff come from X-2? I haven't played it.

But from reading it, it seems that peoples thoughts are kind of the same as mine with Tidus, but with different people.

I've never believed Tidus and Jecht ever lived in the real Xanarkand. I've always thought they only lived in the Dream Zanarkand and that the Dream Zanarkand, was sort've a parallel with Spira. That is why Tidus looks like Chappu. The dream of Tidus was created and Chappu's look was used as a base.

That's what I've always thought anyways. Though I've never played X-2 and know nothing of this Shuyin character so...

Shuyin was dead a little while Zanarkand was destroyed, and Tidus looks just like him. The fayth may have remembered him as someone imporant and infamous and created Tidus.

I think there are actually a few issues with this timeline, the most significant being the dates for the Calms. Prior to Yuna, there were only FIVE Calms of varying lengths throughout Sin's 1,000 years. In other words, the statement that every 10 years a summoner defeats Sin is FALSE.

The only summoners (renamed High Summoners after their deaths) to defeat Sin were Yunalesca (using Zaon as her Final Aeon), Gandof, Ohalland, Yokun, and Braska (using Jecht as his Final Aeon). Then of course Yuna defeated Yu Yevon for good and brought about the Eternal Calm.

10 years prior to the game was the time of the last Calm. HOWEVER, the Calm lasted LESS THAN A YEAR and Sin (this time with Jecht as its vessel) appeared for the sixth time.

Definitely true.

Sin was able to last for more than 10 years, and almost all of them except Jecht did that.

Zaon lasted 400 years
Ohalland's Guardian lasted 300 years
Gandof's Guardian about 200 years
Lady Yocun's Guardian lasted as Sin up until 10 years before the game

So Jecht had to defeat whoever Lady Yocun's Guardian was at that point in time.

So in actuality then, Jecht was the only one who really didn't even 10 years while everyone else lasted from 90-400 years.
And that is where it ended as well with the defeat of Yu Yevon when you completed FFX.

The Timeline - Discussion

Hey there guys n gurlz,
Well I see there's alot of concentration on time and place and their connection to summoning and the fayth in FFX, and there were some things that weren't very clear in the game so here's a thread for all of us to learn n teach each other the whole FFX timeline in details starting from the NEW GAME part till the Ending.

Ascending :

01. Zanerkand / Spira (Before Destruction, The War : Zanerkand VS. Bevel)
02. Zanerkand / Spira (Yunalesca Defeats Sin & Yevons Teachings Released)
02. Zanerkand (Dream of The Fayth, Pre-Sin Attack)
03. Zanerkand (Jecht's Vanishing 10 years before Sin's Attack)
04. Spira (Braska, Jecht & Auron On The Pilgrimage)
05. Zanerkand (Tidus's Blitzball Match / Sin's Attack)
06. Spira (Tidus's Arrival at Baaj Temple)

Do you have any more suggestions ?

there's still Seymour n His mother's visit to Zanerkand beside Lady Yocun n Lord Ohalland's Battles with Sin.

Back