FFX's Hardest Challenge

Wow, that sounds like an interesting challenge, good luck with that. I don't think I would be able to do that at all.

Omega from VIII was a walk in the park, whoever told you he was hard is lying.

You really think so eh? Not everybody agrees with that but ok.

As I was saying, I am not sure if I would be able to do that because you do need some magic to defeat enemies and such. Anyway, have fun with that and tell us how everything turns out in the end!

I thought the hardest challenge was dodging lightning 200 times not buillding the grid. I don't have that kind of patience! >.<
EXACTLY! >_<

Leki might just try going through without the Sphere Grid. I don't think it'll be THAT hard. *is dumb* And going without Aeons wouldn't be horrible. Only reason I use them at all is to just have fun and make them strong.

I have finished half of the sphere grid ie. I got Yuna to finish her path, Lulu's path, Rikku's path,and Auron's path and it took forever! I was down in Omega Ruins and doing Monster Arena forever.... Im going to see if i can finish the whole thing with Yuna lol! wish me luck...

im kinda finding the worst part for me in the game right now is fighting the dragon that protects bevelle, i can get it down to about 5000 health and then it flattens me, can anyone give me any tips into beating it?

im kinda finding the worst part for me in the game right now is fighting the dragon that protects bevelle, i can get it down to about 5000 health and then it flattens me, can anyone give me any tips into beating it?

yeah i can give you plenty heres how to do it

just have rikku make trio of 9999 (you should be able to make this now) the have wakka use atk reals and it will hit him for 9999x12 and bam hes dead

and for a eaiser way if you dont have thoes items you can just get him down to 5000 then use a dark matter (get eaisly from blitz ball)

aslo has anyone here beat shinryu without upgrding. if so please tell me i hear its NEAR impossible

I've done it... I've also done the Tidus only challenge... Both are pretty easy except for a few parts such as the boss fight of Defender X. But other than that I'd say it wasn't too hard. I didn't like having to restrain myself from using the sphere grid though because I train too much but with that there is no point and I hated have the ability to make myself stronger but not doing it.

I've also completed the entire sphere grid with both Yuna and Tidus, I'm working on Rikku and Auron. But right now I'm going through the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands fighting the creations so I can get HP, Strength, Agility, etc. spheres, so that I can max out every characters stats.

Last edited:
Currently I'm trying to find all the Sigils for the legendary weapons (I have the crests) I'm also getting lots of prises from dogding the lightning.

I can't dodge lighting... The highest I've ever gotten was 24 there must be something I'm missing...

Also has anyone heard of the nsg/na/nz/to challenge?
No sphere grid/ No Aeons/ No Zanmato/ Tidus only.

Last edited:
Have you trieed equipping a peaceful armour of some description it would be nigh on impossibl without. Also, try to find a spot somewhere that you can just stand in without having to move, like behind a rock so when you get struck you dont move.

I have to say tho, dodging the lightning angered me more than anything else in the game -perhaps even my LIFE- i have only ever managed the full 200 once and i never intend on doing it again.......theres nowt more frustrating than getting to 150 then being struck. repeatedly.........

i really really hated the butterfly one. i auctually ripped a little strand of hair lol jk jk only ninja gaiden gets that hard lol. neway i also hated playing blitzball it was really easy the hard part was putting up with all the time you had to spend playing it

Last edited:
ha i hated capturing tonberrys also lol. for some reason in the cavern of stolen fayth tonberry seemed to appear on the rock near the entrance when i was walking over it and i got an encounter.

I hated those tonberrys haha, but dodging lightning was possibly the most frustrating. Penance was the hardest by far!

The hardest challenge on a normal game for me was probably the butterfly game like I've seen mentioned before. The only other thing that I had a little difficulty with was my NSGNSIE data I did a couple years ago....that required a lot of patience <_<.

Oh and that stands for No Sphere Grid, No Summons (Excecpt the fight where you have to use them in Home) Initial Equipment.

Hmm, probably the lightning-dodging thing or fighting Dark Yojimbo when under-leveled.

Back