FFXV limited console. Not sure if it’s a fake? Looking for other people who know what it looks like.

CavemanStar

Gil
Hey everyone,

I’m a final fantasy fan on a budget, I like to collect games and items as cheaply as possible, without worry of their condition.

A final fantasy XV limited edition console popped up on eBay for £80. I bought it quickly as I couldn’t believe my luck. It said the controller is a bit damaged but that’s perfect for me as it’s the original item going for cheap, even if it isn’t in perfect condition.

My question is about the console itself. The image of the moon on the top is rough, rubbery and slightly sticky.

I think it might possibly be something added to a regular slim. I’ve looked everywhere to see if anyone describes the moon image as rough or rubbery but haven’t found anything anywhere.

It could possibly be real but someone has tried to sand it down, I doubt this is the case but it does look as if someone has tried to remove the moon image.

Anyway, I’ve included a few photos. If anyone can help me work out what I’ve bought I’d be very grateful for your time.

If it is indeed the real console, but just damaged, then that’s perfect for me, as I said before, the real deal not in very good condition is generally what I buy as I’m on a budget.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Honestly, I had this console a long time ago and the photos look exactly like mine did. I wish I could remember what it felt like to help you more on that front but...I can't.

Hello there:):)

It appears that you have a right deal; however to ensure its validity; compare the moon image to approved photographs of the special edition console available online. If the texture changes greatly, it may be a customized alteration.

Back