FF Music Final Fantasy Music

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
This thread is directed towards anyone who can play an instrument of any kind. Looking through my music folder today, I realised that I have printed off quite a bit of Final Fantasy music. I'm just wondering which pieces the other musicians of FFF can play/are learning to play.

Keyboard - Hikari [Kingdom Hearts].
Piano - Terra's Theme [Final Fantasy VI], Main VII Theme [Final Fantasy VII], Julia's Piano Solo [Final Fantasy VIII], Rose of May [Final Fantasy IX] and To Zanarkand [Final Fantasy X]. Something from everywhere :P

I'm attempting to learn One-Winged Angel, which is VERY difficult. Also, Passion and 1000 Words are sitting next to my keyboard, ready to be learned. If I could just be bothered to turn the keyboard on ... xD

I printed downloaded and printed out a few sheets of final fantasy music. I could play it on my saxophone, but I only play it on the piano.

-Aeris' Theme
-Auron's Theme
-Some day the dream will end (FFX)
-Tifa's Theme (I taught myself without sheet music)
-The main final fantasy theme (i don't know what its called; i also taught my self without sheet music)

I also printed out One Winged Angel but its too difficult :sad2:

On the piano I can play:
Rydia's theme
IV main theme
Terra's theme
Part of Celes's theme
Aeris's theme
FFVII main theme
Part of Eyes on Me
Part of To Zanarkand

But I haven't played the piano in a while so I don't know how they will sound now.

I tried to play The Legend of Zelda theme about a week ago and it sounded awful.

So far I can play only these:
-Aeris' Theme
-Auron's Theme
-Battle Theme for FFVII and FFX
-Tifa's Theme
-Thuder Plateau

My forte in the field of FF music is in Final Fantasy 7, and for a long time I taught myself a lot of songs by ear. I have the Piano Book for FFVII now ($40, but well worth it...and any guesses that I've been learning piano? :P) and here are some examples of what I can play:

-You...Who Are You?
-Me...Who Am I?
-Infiltrating the ShinRa Building
-FF VII Main Theme
-On Our Way
-On That Day, 5 Years Ago
-Farm Boy
-Waltz de Chocobo
-Chasing the Black-Caped Man
-Trail of Blood
-Gold Saucer
-Cosmo Canyon
-The Nightmare's Beginning
-Wutai
-Buried in the Snow
-Aerith's Theme
-Sending a Dream Into the Universe
etc...

Of course, there are others that I'm still part-way through learning (like Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony, Tifa's Theme, and Continue?). But I'm not going to even attempt to list those @_@

I too enjoy fiddling around on the piano and figuring out music from other songs and series. Also, I'm a learning harpist, and since harp sheet music is very similar to piano, it's fun to memorize pieces for the piano and play them on the harp. ^^ In some cases, it sounds better than on piano! (I kinda wish I had the option of a keyboard too, though...)

Edit: And addleboy, I very much agree with you. One Winged Angel is one of the toughest pieces in the whole FFVII book by far, and it's somewhere between 6-8 pages. @_@ I have a ways to go before I learn that one, that's for sure!

(...Okay everyone, you can rejoice now. I'm done ranting XD)

Last edited:
In piano:
Melodies of Life (C Major)
Eyes on Me
Balamb Garden (Not yet Completed)
Frontier Village (Village of Dali)
Tifa's Theme

In Guitar:
Suteki Da ne
Frontier Village (duet)
Breezy (FF VIII)
My Mind (FF VIII)

I wish I had a piano...I can play "Hymn Of The Fayth" (FFX) on my guitar...I know there's no music to it but you can easily work out the notes for the singing and play it on guitar, I think it's only something like 18-20 different notes...simple

that would be pretty cool to learn to play aerith's theme on the piano. id really like to learn to do that someday.

hmm, not much, i'm currently half way through 'To Zanarkand' on guitar, i really want to learn 'Those Chosen By The Planet', but thats not really a guitar song....;)

These are the songs that I am learning/have learned to play on piano:

-To Zanarkand, FFX (have it down pretty well)
-Main Theme, FFV (just started working on it)
-Tycoon Waltz, FFV (obscure song, but really fun to play on piano. I've got it down pretty well now)
-Battle on the Big Bridge, FFV (lol. not even close to getting this one down yet)
-Final Fantasy, FFV version (it's a pretty lame version. I'll probably try to print out music for a different one)
-Prelude, FFV version (once again, lame version...but it does the job, at least.)

On piano I can play...get ready for this...
-To Zanarkand (FFX)
-Auron's Theme (FFX)
-Rikku's theme (FFX)
-Suteki Da Ne (FFX)
-Yuna's Theme (FFX)
-Tifa's Theme (FFVII)
-Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
-FFVII Main Theme (FFVII)
-Melodies of Life (FFXI)
-Dearly Beloved (KH 1 & 2)
-A bit of Hikari (KH)
-Birth of a God (FFVII)

I'm currently learning the piano versions of One Winged Angel(FFVII), J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII)and The Omen(FFXI)

Give me a year and that list will have doubled!!! yay

Back