Final Fantasy VII Character Ranking

Though very true for final stats, I like to view it in terms of getting to that point. Cloud, Tifa, and Barret are great for getting to the point you can start the massive grind, in my opinion. I mean, damage is great and all, but at the end game it barely matters anymore. If one character gets two more hits at 9999 or not, the end battles are a cakewalk regardless. The weapons are really the only challenge (I spent three days grinding to prepare for the final battle...I was little disappointed...). But in all seriousness, Cait Sith was insanely annoying in my opinion.

Woah! It probably took you ages to do this?
It sounds really true...But still...How is it possible Vincent is BELOW Cait Sith...Strange, I always thought of Vincent as one of the stronger characters... o_O

Ok, I knew about the Vincent overflow glitch. What I'll bet most of you DIDN'T know is that Barret can do this too! And a lot easier than Vincent since you don't need to spend weeks killing 60,000 enemies with the Death Penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1-oFqawvc

That's the proof right there.

On the subject of character rankings, Tifa should be a little higher imo. Why? Because of her Godhand weapon, does lots of damage when under Death Sentence and low health, and is an awesome way of bumping up here damage at low levels to obscene heights.

An interesting thread, upon reading the detailed explanations for the each choice I agree, good review :cookie2:

As others have said this was a very good put together list/breakdown of the chars. I never really thought about the characters like this, but now after reading this thread it changed my opinion/outlook on things. My main ones I use are on the top such as Cloud, Cid, and Red. So I'm pretty happy that I chose the right ones for the job. And its also good to see ppl actually saying Vincent is useless. I hate when ppl say he's better than Cloud. Every1 is entitled to their own opinion but its crazy when that's all I hear. As you said, Death Penalty is garbage, its weak as hell. I can't stand using him. I mean his limitbreaks are cool and all sure, but I don't want look I want ownage.

Excellent breakdown

Back