Final Fantasy XIII is Similar to FPS [2/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy XIII is a console role-playing game developed by Square Enix.

According to the Final Fantasy XIII Director Motomu Toriyama, "We are aiming for a vibe while playing that is similar to the experience of an FPS style game, where the player rapidly progresses through a series of dramatic events and experiences one after the other on an imposing and atmospheric battlefield”. The first-person shooter shares common traits with other shooter games, which in turn fall under the heading action game.

Final Fantasy XIII features Xbox 360 button configuration and the HD graphics. While sending transitions amid real-time gameplay and stunning in-game cinematics, the Xbox 360 system’s improved hardware offers tangible, automatic controls. Yesterday, the first ten minutes of unedited gamplay was launched on internet.

For more information, log on to PlanetXbox 360. com as it will launch in early March 2010.

Source: TopNews

first person shooter?? lol , I dont like that. if I want a first person shooter Id play COD modern warfare 2, that game kicks so much ass.....

first person shooter?? lol , I dont like that. if I want a first person shooter Id play COD modern warfare 2, that game kicks so much ass.....

I've seen them mention this a few times before and I think they're trying to convey the point that they want the game to bes fast paced with little fiddling around between the action. Basically much like the likes of CoD where you run in, fight a bit, run to the next location, fight some more. Having the party heal after each fighter will obviously help speed up the process too so the action seems more in real time rather than pausing every few seconds.

I welcome the idea that they're trying something different, whether or not it works for the better obviously remains to be seen.

I'm sure they mentioned they wanted the atmosphere to be like Halo/CoD as well. Whether or not they're referring to that I don't know, however, if they are I'm not entirely sure they'd be able to pull it off solely because of it being an RPG genre. FPS's rely on trying to make you feel as close to reality as best they can, certainly in the case of Modern Warfare. That it turn generally leads to a strong relationship between the player and a particular character. As many RPGs as I've played I've liked characters but I've never had a strong feeling towards one individual because of the fantasy over realism theme. :hmmm:

I'm sure they mentioned they wanted the atmosphere to be like Halo/CoD as well. Whether or not they're referring to that I don't know, however, if they are I'm not entirely sure they'd be able to pull it off solely because of it being an RPG genre. FPS's rely on trying to make you feel as close to reality as best they can, certainly in the case of Modern Warfare. That it turn generally leads to a strong relationship between the player and a particular character. As many RPGs as I've played I've liked characters but I've never had a strong feeling towards one individual because of the fantasy over realism theme. :hmmm:

Well for me personally I DID have a strong feeling: example - For Squall, I could identify totally ;p

I dont want too much realism in RPG, cuz I WANT fantasy till the fullest, that is what I love the most , my opinion :)

I fantasy too much in life , true true, but with RPG I prefer Sci-Fi and fantasy, not too much technology and realism...

I believe Sci-Fi is not totally technology , its also if something is in future /past ,fiction but im not sure about the true definition of Sci-Fi..

Im not sure if I made sense just now lol

Well, they seem to mean FPS in the storytelling aspect, rather than the gameplay. That's something that isn't necessarily bad. Depending on how the story is, having these dramatic events happening may work well.

Eep. Im not a huge fan of FPS, I tend to panic underfire as it were. Mass Effect is really the only one I can handle. Bit of an odd angle for SE to take isnt it?? The next game, Resonace of Fate (?) is a shooter-RPG isnt it?? So guess SE are trying to branch out into new genres.

Well I guess that this FPS inspiration has something to do with the straight corridor shaped maps and the run-battle-run-CG-Boss kind of gameplay.

I think Square Enix are doing well and making FFXIII sort of like a FPS might not be such a good idea, maybe they could make an option for you to change the camera angle into that way or something, I'm not totally sure FPS for FF will work. But I'll give it a go.

ugh, just more Square trying to be westernized instead of just doing something without labels in mind. They made games best when they just made games. Not when they worried if their games were western enough,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back