Final Fantasy XIII - Not PS3 Exclusive?

I feel like FFXIII has no chance for the WI. Nintendo will probably get a half ass sequel game, and release it exclusivly it will probably be fun, but they'll be smart and save the highly antisipated games for the ps2. And I agree with all the people that don't care if it's on the xbox 360 or not. The key is it's still on the ps3 or heck it's still on A CONSOLE so just leave it alone because everyone will be able to play it. Let people at sony and square enix do there business and make more money, so the next in the series will be just as good everyone will be happy :-).

Well, now they are saying it's not going to be for any other console. So, we are safe for now. Sony is still keeping XIII as an exclusive for the PS3.

Oh damn. I was actually looking forward to non-exclusivity.

Personally, FFXIII is the only reason I'll get a PS3. Other than that, I see the PS3 as one of the biggest failures of gaming history & one of the biggest wastes of money. :(

I consider this to be a good thing actually...I personally didn't intend on buying a PS3 for anything but FFXIII...just one game...
I would be glad if it was to be released on other consoles...

For the Wii? The Wii's Nintendo. The only game that got released by Nintendo was Crystal Chronciles and that sucked royally.

^Your forgetting the I,II IV,V and VI GBA remakes. And also the 3D FF III remake for the DS. And FFXII:RW for the DS. And two other CC games coming out for wii and DS. And the future FFIV DS remake.
And there was nothing wrong with CC anyway.

Well I would hope not. FFXIII needs to be an exclusive game. I don't wanna see this game on any other system. FF and Sony forever. We don't need to see another FF game on the Nintendo....Crystal Chronicles...ack. No offense, just not my style.

Well I would hope not. FFXIII needs to be an exclusive game. I don't wanna see this game on any other system. FF and Sony forever. We don't need to see another FF game on the Nintendo....Crystal Chronicles...ack. No offense, just not my style.

If Square-Enix doesn't make a multi-title, then they'll lose money. Lots and lots of money. And besides, nothing's wrong with FF13 being on other consoles. I think it being a multi-title game is actually a good thing. A very, very good thing.

I dont care really, i got a ps3 but will probably also get a 360 sometime... I just dont hope that the 360 will limit SE when making the game (it has to fit on a dvd) while on the ps3 there is blu ray.

If Square-Enix doesn't make a multi-title, then they'll lose money. Lots and lots of money. And besides, nothing's wrong with FF13 being on other consoles. I think it being a multi-title game is actually a good thing. A very, very good thing.

SE wont lose any money if sony pays them for exclusive titles. ;)

I honestly couldn't give two shites about FFXIII and what console(s) it's released on, 'slong as I can get Versus on the PS3 I'm a happy bunny

EDIT: I shouldn't think SE would have any problems about whoring out another one of their children anyway, 'slong as they get they're fill of cash

Last edited:
its disgusting that this generation of console wars has been about who pays the most gets the games.

No one in their right mind would buy a 360. I've witnessed two break in front of me, DURING a game. It's disgraceful.

The PS3 is the most logical choice for an FF game and i'm sure it'll be exclusive.

I'm not too ecstatic about the game being released on other consoles. I mean, it would be nice if it was released on the 360, since I will have one in the near future, and I do not intend to buy a PS3...
But I would be even more impressed if it was released on the Nintendo Wii. I do wish that FF and Nintendo would reunite.

i guess it really wouldnt matter .... its not like final fantasy series was always sony exclusive anyway .. started out on nintendo .. and throughout the series, there have been nintendo versions of final fantasy, some ports, others entirely new games ... so y should sony throw out any money on a game that is supposedly only capable of being done on the ps3 ... if that holds true, then there's nothing to worry about in regards to the game being exclusive .. if not, oh well ... not like many people buy the 360 for RPGs anyway ... just my 2 cents

Wasnt Final Fantasy 7 originally set for the N64 but then went over to playstation. Oh well back on topic I hope it comes out for the Xbox360 then I wont have to fork out for a PS3.

Hmm...I think FFXIII should stay with Sony's PS3.It's better that way because the PS3 needs more support. ^_^

Back