Garnet's hair

Do you like Garnet's hair short or long?

• Long

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Short

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azerty

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So, you remember the part in the game where Garnet cuts her hair and gets a new avatar in the game menu...did you like it? I thought it was stupid for her to cut her hair.

I didn't think it was stupid i thought it was the exact oppistie. It well symboled something. Here is my theroy.

Garnet cut her hair to symbolize that things are changeing and since she is now the ruler of Alexandria, it will change from how her mother ruled it. Well thats what i think.

I preferred it long, as it is easier to cosplay, but I understand the symbolism of starting anew and shedding her childhood. Still, I was so glad she got her hair back by the end of the game. I don't think her new style suited the dress too much.^_^

Twin Blade said:
I didn't think it was stupid i thought it was the exact oppistie. It well symboled something. Here is my theroy.

Garnet cut her hair to symbolize that things are changeing and since she is now the ruler of Alexandria, it will change from how her mother ruled it. Well thats what i think.

I really don't see how cutting her hair symbolized how things were chaning. She could've gotten a new outfit, but instead she got a hair cut.

True, TSG. Also, I've noticed it to be a tradition (with asian women especially) to cut their hair after a bad experience. To them, it sort of is like leaving the past completely behind. Some also say it's liberating, because the metaphorical and literal weight is being shed.

Frankly, I find it to be a waste--I parted with ten inches of my hair when it grew long enough for me to still be comfortable with, and with the knowledge that it would do someone else a lot of good.

The Sephiroth Gene said:
I think it symbolised her radical, rebellious inner-self coming deep from within.

When you say it like that...I guess it matters. Otherwise, I still see no point. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back