Getting ready to start FFX

Well, I'm pretty much screwed on the Expert Grid thing. I bought the guide a couple of days ago. It gives away a LOT of the story, but the poster with Rikku's overdrive combinations is VERY helpful.

Try to pay very close attention to the references made by the Fayth in this game. The small wizard-like looking people. They make many past references to what the world use to be like, past events taht were epic, and also about who Tidus really is and what his purpose in this new Spira is all about. Try to connect all of these along with any other references to the past and you will eventually learn a great deal about how Zanarkand plays a key role in all that is happening.

Enjoy.

Pay close attention to the Djose temple Puzzle. It's extremely simple but it may become so confusing... It took me 6 hours to solve it
*thoroughly embarassed :P*
the first two times. No idea why but this damn shit puzzle is too simple but too complicated. ffs...

Three ultimate weapons down, four more to go. And i've figured out the Fayth thing: They're basically saying that Tidus doesn't really exist, and that once sin is defeated for good, he'll disappear. Mainly, he's a dream of the fayth, and the fayth are tired of dreaming. And trust me, Sephiroth, you're not the only one who got stuck in Djose temple. My friend had to pull me out of that one.

FFX has a really great strategy guide. My best advice is to have one on hand. ^_^

I do. This thread was posted before i bought one. And yes, it really is a great strategy guide.

Best one yet, as far as I'm concerned.
I didn't use it the first time around, but if you want to play it again and get everything the game has to offer, this guide is soooooooooo useful. ^_^

Also, mastering or atleast knowing a lot of info about the sphere grids helps. The sooner you know, the better. It took me awhile to get the hang of it and kinda went with it the wrong way. So I had to restart the game. >.<

On expert sphere grid you get the third lv magic (-ga) so quickly

My advice is: Where ever there is a Save Sphere in a Fiend infested area, use it to your advantage and get your characters stats up as much as you can before continuing with the story (The amount of times I've regretted not completing just a little bit more of the Sphere Grid!)

Five ultimate weapons down! Now I just have the stupid chocobo race and the stupid lightning dodging left.

Good luck on both of those. The Chocobo Race was fine until I got in the very last stretch of the race and those damn Seaguls would bombard the junk outta me.

I got the Lightening Dodger on my second attempt. My first time trying it I got to about 170-something and someone turned on teh light in my basement, I freaked, hit "X" to early, and got struck by a bolt. Damn. Second time though, I got 211 or so just to make sure I was over the edge and made it.

I HAVE ALL SEVEN WEAPONS!!!!! I managed to get five of them myself (Including the Chocobo race!)! Now all i have left is to get Nemesis in hthemonster arena and beat him. Oh, and of course, kick the crap out of the final boss!

expert sphere grid.
i played this the first time and used the normal grid, and it seemed ok i was happy with it.
but when i played it the second time i noticed that you can get all your good moves quicker with the expert sphere grid so go with that.

tips? don't listen to these people and enjoy it... guides and tutorials fuck up your game, i suggest playing the game first without a guide, and when you finish the game, play again(if you want) and use a tutorial to get everything

that's how i do it too, my first game of FFX was without help, i completed it, however, i did skip a lot, but i played it again with a bit of help, but it wasn't needed as FFX is easy when it comes to finding things

also... 1 important thing has been mentioned several times, your sphere grid... use the normal one, easiest to use, you just follow a path and you are still able to change at will...

if you get the expert you can end up having Yuna with 100 strength and 20 magic... something you don't want i think...

good advice raptorg. i always play everygame without help first time through, if you try to get everything first round, you drive yourself crazy. not to mention to just sit back and enjoy the story and gameplay.

keep your sphere grid updated though, i sometimes didn't upgrade right away and i ran into some problems.

second time through for me, i'll find all the items and so on.

Back