Golbez

coppertop1

Gil
Since we found out Golbez was Cecil's brother and was actually good, we don't really know much
. I thought it would be fun to discuss how we see him being? What would he look like in your mind

Well, as a villain he seems calm, cool, collected and cold. How about as his normal self?

I've had many different interpretations. Right now in my own sequel which I'm yet to ever write, (is there a fanfic forum that's not role playing) I have him as the rebel and the bad boy. Not evil of course, he doesn't get under mind control. He's the one who does what he has to do to get by, whether it's considered acceptable or not. I've wondered sometimes if he himself is a caller, since he summons the Shadow Dragon

In my mind, he looks kinda like Anakin Skywalker (not just b/c he's the Darth Vader of final fantasy IV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please be considerate of other members who haven't played/completed this game yet and use spoiler tags please ^_^

Thought that Squaresoft was kind of heading towards a fearful villain theme with Golbez. Espically with his dark and Gothic sounding main tune playing whenever he appeared or did something to halt the party's plan or attack Cecil/ Kain/ Rosa whoever.

But also thought that he was a little plastic that his persona was a bit quiet and dry and like he didn't really have a personality he just did evil things because he was well...evil.

Though the plot-twist was a nice turn on things and think once you get to his Golbez's true light he isn't so bad.

Though did feel like something was missing with him.

What would he look like ? Kind of pictured him having dark purple hair and a rough pale white face with some rough marks and scars. Like the almost handsome yet rough type and in his mid 40's.

Don't think he would be a caller though. Wouldn't he be more of a Paladin ?

Last edited:
I don't think he's Paladin because I thuoght it was said that Cecil was the only Paladin, and the last one, from what the light said. Plus, he uses black magic, Paladins use White Magic.

Back