Gosebumps

oh wow, what a blast from the past! Back when Nickelodien used to show that "are you afriad of the dark" show...

but yeah, I remember when that book got really big, I used to have a bunch , they had a show of it too didnt they?

hmmm... never really got into goosebumps, i mean i did read my far share of the series, but it wasnt one of those books that had a re-readable value in them, watched a couple of the shows but yeah, had that cheap made, poor acting quality to some of them

I read quite a few, actually. Not a fan though. I was just bored and decided to read a few. In total, I've probably read five.

I read quite a few, actually. Not a fan though. I was just bored and decided to read a few. In total, I've probably read five.

i found them to be really good anybody who likes horror will like gosebumps

Yes anybody who likes light horror will love this series.

Some episodes were cheaply done, but some had better effects and acting, namly the first ones that came out on video[werewolf of fever swamp, haunted mask, stay out of the basement] Those is some of the finer episodes.

Dang, you people donty have many do you? I have at least 41, and in total there is 62[I thought it was 60:sniff:]. I have colected these my whole life, and its my collection. Im buying the reprints every time one comes out. Has anyone read the graphic comics to them?

Ohhh man I Loved those books! 2nd grade through 4th grade is when I jsut swallowed those books right up. Half hour ususally it took em to read those dangs things. I Loved them and I need t get my hands on them sometime soon.

They are basicly not usealy in stores anymore. You just have to look hard! lol. Any where, like in flea markets or something like that for the first editions, and probably any onllinne store to buy the rest[thats how I get mine]

I havent read Goosebumps in years!!! I had loads of the buggers, even bought loads of them when I went on holiday in America. Had a few on video aswell. I think my mum sold them all at a carboot cause I cant seem to locate any of them :(

You should tell her off lol[jk]

It dissapoints me because since the episodes was so popular and all, why did they have to use the same sound affects and speicals for every single one? I noticed after I watched Werewolf of Fever Swamp, and Deep Trouble, DT was just a rip off of WOFS. It makes me so mad they make good money, and wont even use it!

I loved Goosebumps when I was younger. I had dozens of those books.

RL Stine really knows how to get kids interested in reading. I gave all my books to my mom so she could let her students borrow them to read. According to her, they're pretty popular.

Can't remember my favorite of 'em. Welcome to Camp Jelly Jam was pretty cool.

Eh, no I haven't pulled out any Goosebumps book in the last...um decade. I owned 5-8 books and that's it. I wasn't a huge fan at all. In fact...I don't even know where those books are located at now.

I used to read these books quite a lot. The Haunted School and Beware of the Snowman are two rather memorable ones. I also used to get the 'Give Yourself Goosebumps' books from the library. xD I used to reread them over and over in the same day to see all of the different outcomes. Those books used to scare the shit out of me though. What can I say, I was (still am) a wuss. :monster:

I haven't read them in ages though, I picked up Beware of the Snowman a few weeks ago to read it and found the narration really weird. o_o

I loved Goosebumps... I remember really liking Deep Trouble 3 (or 2?), the one at the Tower of London, the one with the magic typewriter, and living slime series... oh, and also the one where this kid gains the ability to fly.

I remember being totally disturbed by the end of Be Careful What You Wish For when the main character
totally gets fucked over by the villain and gets turned into a bird
. I just couldn't understand how Stine could leave it off that way - didn't understand the concept of unhappy endings back then.

WOW is been forever since I read those my favorites when I was younger was Nightmare Camp, My dog's a vampire(or whatever its called),and there's a monster under the sink(if thats what its called i forgot).

I haven't read a Goosebumps book since I was 9 or something. I used to like them though, I still have about 20 Goosebumps books from when I was younger. My favourite was "Calling all Creeps", I also liked the choose your own path books, I think I only good a good ending like three times. I used to watch the T.V show too, that was pretty sweet.

I also enjoyed rubbing my fingers along the bumpy title....yeah...

Back