XBox GoW2 vs Halo 3

Gil
So its been said Gears of War 2 is going to *Beat* Halo 3 this year in sales. I think Halo made Xbox wat it is...what do yal think?

no way, gears might get close but halo 3 will still be at the top. Ive played both and i liked halo 3's multiplayer and campaign more. Theres probly alot of halo fans that love gears of war too though and im guessing alot of them will be buying the game aswell.
but gears isnt out till november so we will see =D

Ya true cause when you think of Xbox you think of Halo. GoW is a great game! The new one looks fantastic, but you cant beat Halo.

Halo 3 will be top of the sales but only because of its multiplayer and the fact that the hype around the game is unreal. The actual storyline and single player mode for Halo 3 was boring and in general just...crap. Most games could come up with a better plot.

I haven't seen that much surrounding GoW2 but if the storyline is anything like the first GoW (entertainment wise) then it should prove to be an amazing game. =]

Im sorry but Halo 3 Is one of the worse shooters out there. I would rather play Lost Planet Extreme Condition.

As for GoW, Halo may have gotten more sales but GoW Is just plain out fun. You cant beat that game Halo. Its not really worth playing In my eyes.

In my opinion, Gears of War 2 will be the superior game; however, I don't believe it will surpass Halo 3 in sales. Halo 3 has a mediocre campaign and slightly above average multiplayer. Hell, the first Gears of War is better than Halo 3 in both respects...and I expect Gears of War 2 to be far better than the first.

Halo 3 is grossly overrated, but when it's all said and done, it'll have the better sales figures.

Im sorry but Halo 3 Is one of the worse shooters out there. I would rather play Lost Planet Extreme Condition.
Lol well Lost Planet is wayyyy worse then Halo hands down!:eek:uttahere:.Halo storyline is at best ok, but the multiplayer is awesome:P

I loved Lost Planet haha, the Rocket Launchers were the best. Well I didn't play story line for it because the aliens scared me, but yeah.

Anywho, Halo is the best xbox game, it's like Mario to Nintendo.

I think most people are forgetting why games sell, most the time it isn't due to one being 'superior' over the other.

As suggested, Halo has always had a huge hype around it. Personally I own Halo 3 and I'm not half bad at it, played Halo 2 and haven't touched the 1st installment. I agree with Tsukasa mostly, the single player campaign was near to pathetic but it made for great fun again with multiplater.

The multiplayer modes on Halo were and always will be the main selling point of the game, which is why it probably sold so much. With XBL and all the rest of it I think people are swaing to competitive games online such as Halo and CoD4 rather than the likes of the good old games such as Devil May Cry 4 and dare I say it? *In fear of getting screamed at* Alone In The Dark 5.

To be honest, I pretty much love Halo but I've seen what is coming with GoW2. To answer your original statement I don't think GoW2 will stand a chance sales wise against Halo, but it will still be pretty close. :) (Watch me get proved wrong come November was it?) I'm sure we've all seen the Tech demo and it seems the entire GoW2 environment is wholly unchanged despite a few additions to guns or new 'abilities' such as holding a Locust as a shield. The game engine is pretty much the same I think but they've changed material properties.

Unfortunatly, I am probably being biased towards Halo as I didn't get the original GoW for ages and the online mode is pretty much dead...that coupled with GoW actually sucks because I got to Act 4 on Insane then it randomly placed me at the beginning of Act 1 on hardcore without even the option to play Insane anymore...

Still, if GoW2 can build up the hype maybe it stands a chance, but think it like this Halo is a cult game. You wouldn't see Batman merchandise get compared to stereo sales...But you'd definatly see Batman merchandise get a fair competition in relation to FF sales.

Back