Dirge of Cerberus Havn't bought the game yet? need some help.

Let me make it simple for you. NO! Spinoffs usually suck. This one's no exception. Just another way for Square-Enix to steal your money.

Last edited:
I never planned on buying this because of all the negative reaction but my brother decided to pre-order it anyway. I think we both have only done the first mission and that was it cause it's an incredibly poor game.

I heard it was a really bad game. If you want go and try it. I suggest reading some reviews on another site or something before you buy it.

I'm going to disagree with all of you here and say it IS worth buying IF you are a real big fan of FFVII especially now because you could probably buy it for around £15 - £20 depending on where you go. Even that being said I don't think it's that bad of a game, sure it could have been better but so could every game, I think it's got a good story and the graphics are pretty good too.

To recap I suggest you only buy this game if you are a big enough fan of FFVII to actually care about the story and how it pans out.

I'm going to disagree with all of you here and say it IS worth buying IF you are a real big fan of FFVII especially now because you could probably buy it for around £15 - £20 depending on where you go. Even that being said I don't think it's that bad of a game, sure it could have been better but so could every game, I think it's got a good story and the graphics are pretty good too.

To recap I suggest you only buy this game if you are a big enough fan of FFVII to actually care about the story and how it pans out.

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!! XD

You see, I just bought this game and wanted to see what other people thought of it, but as I scrolled down the page the comments just got worse and worse. Finally I saw yours, and I am a pretty big fan, let's hope I somewhat enjoy this game. :)

It's not bad. I got it the other day, and while I'm not a big fan of FPS games, the story seems good so far. But I'm not that far into it, either. But so far it's not bad other than being a FPS.

i find it quite fun and good at the moment i am trying to beat the game unharmed and get every mission completely finished

I found it to be a very good game, and I really liked the departure from the standard FF game, as it was more of an FPS than anything. I found that aspect of the game to be quite enjoyable. (not to mention the fact that the game was all about VINCENT!!!)

Well, I am a fan of Final Fantasy VII and I was excited about DoG was going to released. Unfortunately I only heard it was a 'good game' from one person. Everyone else said it sucked or it's a rental game. Honestly, I'm not going to spend the money on that game or take the time to play it. Main reason why I wanted to play DoG because of Vincent's past, and also about Lucrecia. All of the cut-scenes are on youtube. :/

Personally I thought the game was good. It is quick to complete but its still good. I havent been on it in a while because i got Xbox360 and plus the fact that my PS2 doesn't read games very good. I think it took me about 10 times to get the game to actually work the first time I played it :(

I bought the game last year and finished it early on this year. I would recommend it if you're up for a shooting game and using magic. It is a good storyline, however, I feel it is too short. Buy it if you want. In the end, it is up to you after all.

haha thanks everyone. you have split it right down the middle in terms of if i should get it or not.
lol w/e

i will prob get it because i have it archived at EB and it needs to be added to the collection

I bought it yesterday and I'm kind of enjoying it. The only problem is though, It doesn't have the feel of FFVII. I suppose it could change as I'm not that far. So far it's kind of like a futeristic war game! I guess that's the idea but it doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it :).

put it this way...if your looking for the same old FF games then i wouldnt get it. If your looking for an awsome 3rd person shooter get it. and dont listen to the people saying the game is to short. its not. and the bosses are very challenging.in my opinion, its one of the best FF games and games in general.

I woudn't go that far, it's a good game yeah, but it'll never compare to the likes of FFX.

I'd only recommend you buy it if you're a big fan of FFVII and you don't mind playing a game in which the story line eclipses the game play

Back