Help Needed, Problem At End Of Disc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalJaxon

Gil
:mad:
Hi,

I am on disc 1 still, Sephiroth has ran a sword through
Aeris, and I am at the scene that Cloud carries Aeris lifeless body to the waters. Fade to black and the scene stays black. The music is playing in the background.

I waited, maybe not long enough, but the blacked out screen does not change. Is there a way to go through this or around this?

I tried to play that part configure on quarter screen, but it did not change.
It seems that the movie will not load.

Thanks,
Daljaxon

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 processor
Operates at 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB
2 × 1 MB L2 cache

Chipset Intel® 945G
Memory Installed: 1024 MB 533 MHz (PC4200) DDR2 memory (two 512 MB modules)
Expandable to: 4 GB

Video Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900

Audio Intel High Definition Audio subsystem consisting of:
8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and one S/PDIF optical digital audio output using the Sigmatel® 9220 audio codec

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've done an extensive search on the web and could not find the answer to my specific problem. So I started to look for a work-around.

On this page...

http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/dark/433/index.html

...I found "FF7 Save Converter 1.2.2." With this I was able to take my save files from the pc FF7 and convert it into save files for the psx version under ePSXe emulator. I was able to get through the part with the emulator and psx FF7 to disc 2. From there I converted it back to the PC version of FF7 and was able to continue playing the PC version of FF7 from that point. Cool, my thanks to the writer of the program.

I am posting this as an alterative to what ever other fixes are available or not available.

I would still like to figure what the problem was originally if anyone has any ideas.

FF7 on PC got major problems for me!
I suggest you get FF7 for PSX, if you need anything else? like if you havent got a PSX or dunno where to get FF& for PSx, PM me or find me on MSN ;)

I have it thank you. That is what I converted my PC version save file to.
Then using ePSXe emulator for playing PSX games on the computer, I played through the scene I could not get past. After getting to the second disc. I converted the save file from the ePSXe emulator into a save file for the PC version and made sure that still works, as it does.

daljaxon

An Update To Those Interested...

I decided to play more on disc one and build up all characters stats. I maxed out all Limit Breaks as far as I could on disc one.

After doing this, not only was I able to get through a date scene problem I had earlier, but I had no problems at the end of the disc as posted first on this thread.

Go figure, all I had to do was build my stats up better.

Daljaxon

I'm glad you figured out the problem. And with that said and done I will go ahead and close this, since your question was answered. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back