How much would you pay?

Life Streamer

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I thought this was an interesting question -

What is the max you could see yourself paying for an ORIGINAL copy of a old school (ps1 and earlier) Final Fantasy game? (assuming you own all the game systems required)

FFI -

FFII -

FFIII (if thats even possible) -

FFIV -

FFV -

FFVI -

FFVII -

FFVIII -

FFIX -

Feel free to include any others / spinoffs (or just anything to deal with FF !) that I did not include.

well this is an interesting topic.

FFI- 1-25$

FFII- 1-25$

FFIII- 1-25$

FFIV- 10-30$

FFV- 15-35$

FFVI- 15-35$

FFVII- 1-100$

FFVIII- 25-50$

FFIX- 1-100$

FFI - $15 (I could care less)

FFII - $15

FFIII - $15

FFIV - $20

FFV - $15

FFVI - $25

FFVII - $ 127 (That's because I already paid that much!)

FFVIII - $30

FFIX - $30

FFX - $30

FFXII - $25

FFI - Original NES? Maybe $10. I don't care much for it.

FFII - $5

FFIII (if thats even possible) - NES....$40? It's probably more than that.

FFIV - $30-40

FFV - $30-50

FFVI - $60

FFVII - $80

FFVIII - $30

FFIX -$80

FFVII - $ 127 (That's because I already paid that much!)

Whew, thats dedication..... but I dont blame you, I would probably go up to $150 for a complete, good working set of FFVII, also depends on whether or not it is GH edition, Or Black case or the 'Misprint' case.

That being said, why is the 'Misprint' case so sought after?, did they only make a few?

FFI - $5

FFII - $5

FFIII - $5

FFIV - $40-$50

FFV - $5

FFVI - $10

FFVII - $200

FFVIII - I wouldn't buy it :monster:

FFIX - $200

most of my estimates are pretty low (except for a few) 'cause I have GBA versions of some, and remakes and whatnot so it doesn't seem that important.

I hope FFIII comes out for the PSP.

What is Squenix doing?, why are some remakes on the DS and some on the PSP, are they going to slowly shift to one or the other?, or is it just another way to make more money?

Since I own all but V, I'll say how much I would have paid and how much I did.

FFI - I own it on GBA, and prefer playing 2D games on handhelds so £0.

FFII - I own it on GBA, and prefer playing 2D games on handhelds so £0.

FFIII (if thats even possible) - £0. I have the 3D version on D.S. soo...

FFIV - I own it on GBA, and prefer playing 2D games on handhelds so £0.

FFV - Hmm. I'd rather buy it on GBA for no more than £20.

FFVI - £16.

FFVII - £20. I think I paid something between £10 and £20 in the end.

FFVIII - £20 (I paid, I think, £10 for the original. Maybe £15. :P)

FFIX - £20 (I paid £16 for the original. Yay!)

FFI - i got FF origins for about a 15 quid i think...wouldnt wanna pay much more than that

FFII - as above

FFIII (if thats even possible) - dunno, still pretty cheap atm so i doubt id wanna pay more than 20quid brand new

FFIV - i payed about 15 quid for the anthology aswel i think, again, wouldnt be willing to pay much more

FFV - as above

FFVI - think this was also another 15 quid...

FFVII - i have had several copies of this game.....i recently invested in an original copy which was only a tenner off ebay - i prolly spent bowt 100 quid so far and its worth every penny. This game is PRICELESS!!!

FFVIII - had afew copies of this one aswel - have the original black also - it was given to me by a kind friend - i tried giving pennies because again, i think i'd be willing to pay over the odds for this aswell

FFIX - black original copy (3rd one) but would only really consider about 30 max - i only have it to complete the collection really

I think it's lame that the only release of FFIII was on the DS. That's IT.

FFI: $5

FFII: $5

FFIII: (for a console) $50

FFIV: $10 (ATB system!)

FFV: $10

FFVI: $50 (The best of the 2D games)

FFVII: ? Who knows? For a mint original? I don't know if it works like that for video games. I've already beaten it, so I dunno. $10?

FFVIII: $5

FFIX: I'd pay you to NOT sell it to me

FFI: $5

FFII: $5

FFIII: (for DS) 30$

FFIV: 8$

FFV: 1$

FFVI: 10$

FFVII: 18$

FFVIII: 20$

FFIX: 30$

I think the only three titles that I would extend myself to buy would be FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX. The PS1 games were my favorite generation. (Yes, even though I'm not an FFVIII fan...) In fact, I recently went out of my way and spent $39.99 on a new copy of FFVIII. The PS1 titles are precious to me. ^.^

PS1 was the platinum age of gaming. It really was. I don't blame you for wanting the PS1 generation fo Final Fantasy games.

But...erm...you left out X. Any reason?

Uhhhh I guess I might stretch my arm out and pay for a new copy of FFX. I liked it just as much as the PS1 gen games. I'm just biased towards VII, VIII, and IX more. ^.^
World map ftw. <3

You mean like on their original system?

FF1-FFVI, probably nothing because I no longer have an NES or SNES to play them on. And I already have the original verison of I, IV, and VI somewhere in my house. If I really wanted to play the original versions of them I'd just download them to an emulator.

FFVII- Probably $20

FFVIII and IX $13 since thats about what they go for on ebay in never opened packages.

If I didnt already own them.

FFI - £15
FFII - £10
FFIII - £15
FFIV - £10
FFV - £10
FFVI - £20
FFVII - £25
FFVIII - £15
FFIX - £15
FF Tactics - £35

Actually, I already own all of the originals, but if I had to re-buy them...

FFI - $5
FFII - $5
FFIII - DS - $20
FFIV - $10
FFV - $10
FFVI - $15
FFVII - $30
FFVIII - $30
FFIX - $30

Back