Help How to beat Zalera???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaNaMi

Gil
Hello,,,I try to get Esper Zalera but i couldn't beat him. I've tried several times, n I'm really stuck with this. Zalera always blocks my attack, so I use technique n items on him. But I dont think it works...They don't do much damage, n the most annoying thing is, Zalera always uses Kill, which can instantly kill my party members, n also the time limit...=.=
So, please help me...what must i do to beat him?
Thx :D

1) Get stronger.

2) Get reflect/ga.

3) Get cura/ga/ja (preferably cura and curaja as they target everyone in range).

Cast reflect on your party members BEFORE you enter battle with Zalera (and, hey, protect/shell/haste wouldn't hurt, either). Then, set up gambits such that your party members will automatically caste cura/curaja on ALL of your party members, which have reflect cast upon them. Zalera and the skeletons he summons are undead, so are susceptible to healing magic. If reflect runs out then you aren't doing any damage to yourself so all's well.

In addition, as zalera had level multiple attacks, you won't want your characters being levels that are multiples of 2, 3, 4, or 5, or any prime numbers. Basically, considering you're going to want to be no lower than level 35, you're going to probably want to be either level 49, level 77, or level 91, as these are not prime, nor are they divisible by 2, 3, 4, or 5.

Here's what helped me beat Zalera:

I had tons Phoenix Downs and Hi-potions/Mega-potions on me. The Phoenix Downs are useful when he casts Kill, but you have to be quick when you use them. Also, if Zalera summons the Dead Bones, don't waste too much time with them. Just keep attacking Zalera. Also, I think casting dispel on Zalera at the start of the battle will help alot too. Oh yeah, and make sure your charaters are reeeally strong and leveled properly before the battle! Using Quicknings helps too!

I hope this helps you out.^_^

Last edited:
In addition, as zalera had level multiple attacks, you won't want your characters being levels that are multiples of 2, 3, 4, or 5, or any prime numbers. Basically, considering you're going to want to be no lower than level 35, you're going to probably want to be either level 49, level 77, or level 91, as these are not prime, nor are they divisible by 2, 3, 4, or 5.

How does this work? How do you know this? o.0

Nokoi said:
How does this work? How do you know this? o.0

Zalera for example has Lvl. 5 Death. If any of your characters levels have multiples of five in them, then they will fall victim to the Death spell. If they are levels that are not multiples, the spell will miss.

And since Zalera has a bunch of other lvl magic (the other numbers stated), he figured out the levels you should be at so most of the attacks won't hit you. Which is awesome, I should try it out.

However, I'll let Zodiac Killer explain for himself. :dave:

Edit

Also, if Zalera summons the Dead Bones, don't waste too much time with them. Just keep attacking Zalera.

Zalera is immune to attacks while the Dead Bones are on the field.

Last edited:
Zalera is immune to attacks while the Dead Bones are on the field.

Oh, crap. I forgot that. I haven't played the game in a while, so that's all I could remember. Thanks for correcting that.:blush:

Zalera for example has Lvl. 5 Death. If any of your characters levels have multiples of five in them, then they will fall victim to the Death spell. If they are levels that are not multiples, the spell will miss.

And since Zalera has a bunch of other lvl magic (the other numbers stated), he figured out the levels you should be at so most of the attacks won't hit you. Which is awesome, I should try it out.

However, I'll let Zodiac Killer explain for himself. :dave:

Haha, thanks. :)
Basically, all of zalera's moves are:
A regular attack (this deals around 300 damage (in my experience, obviously depends on your defense) and also has a chance at inflicting the recipient with confuse status.
Death (I think this kills whoever it targets, though I could be mistaken)
Enrage (Gives zalera protect, shell, haste, and reflect status)
A special thing where the message "Zalera braces against attacks" is displayed, during which period he takes no damage
And also:
Lvl 2 Sleep
Lvl 3 Disable
Lvl 4 Break
Lvl 5 Reverse
Prime Lvl Death

As explained by Asabella, regarding the numbered attacks, these will affect anyone who is a level that is a multiple of those in the spell. The only numbers above 35 (which is I believe the piggyback guide recommendation, but I could be wrong) which are not multiples of 2, 3, 4, or 5, and are also not prime are 49, 77, and 91.
Therefore, Lvl 2 Sleep, Lvl 3 Disable, Lvl 4 Break, Lvl 5 Reverse, and Prime Lvl Death will all miss your characters if they are at those levels. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back