Hunt Help

Endria

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hello all --

I decided to replay FFXII, and started the level III - V hunts. The one that's giving me issues is the Mind Flayer hunt, assigned by the Garif. I'm in the right area (from as far as I can tell - Phase 1 Dig) and he's not appearing. I talked to the Garif that posted the bill, so that's not it. I also spoke with the Garif Youth by the Orange Save/Teleport Crystal. I first tried to find the Mind Flayer by teleporting in, then I left and tried entering the Henne Mines through the Osmone Plains.

Am I missing a step? I know I found him before in my first play through.

Thanks in advance!!

Doesn't sound like you missed any step...

He can be a bit of pain to find though. If I remember correctly, he's in the Southeast corner of the Phase 1 dig and not in the Phase 1 shaft. I made the mistake of searching the shaft on the first run...

Doesn't sound like you missed any step...

He can be a bit of pain to find though. If I remember correctly, he's in the Southeast corner of the Phase 1 dig and not in the Phase 1 shaft. I made the mistake of searching the shaft on the first run...

Well I'm glad to hear that I pretty much did what I had to do. I'll give that area a try again. I don't think he minds if we have our Gambits on or not like another Hunt. I'll just exit and retry.

Thanks!

No problem...

Nah, as far as I know, Gambit don't really matter on this hunt as to whether or not he appears. I do know he's a little more South at the end of the corridor where the mist is the densest then Southeast. He's also drawn to magical fiends and what not.

Henne Mines/Phase 1 Dig

SE corner, must have full MP when you enter the area. Note that it's Phase 1
Dig and NOT Phase 1 >Shaft<

Pretty easy hunt, too. If you have the Nihopalaoa just throw a remedy (with upgrades on the license board) at the sucker and it'll cast Stop on him. From there just hack away at your leisure.

If you need help with any of the other hunts, just go here, it's really helpful:

http://www.ff12sector.com/ff12_mark_hunting_guide.php

Last edited:
Thank you to those who helped - I think I had full MP when I finally found him. I also lured a few fiends with me. That second part probably didn't make that big of a difference.

This was a replay, so I didn't necessarily need a play tip - but that's awesome.

Thanks!

Back