I found a secret (sorta?) training spot

Rockman X

Over 9000
Veteran
Gil
I havent played this game in about 4 years, i finally re-bought it yesterday, and right now i'm where you finally get outta that stupid Gold Saucer, so i was going around learning enemy skills from creatures and getting revenge on that damned Midgar Zolom. Well, i'm back in Junon now about to cross back over so i can go to Gongaga...and lo and behold, i found a lovely training spot right in Junon.

It's in that hallway with the elevator that leads to the underground mako reactor, i tripped the alarm and now i get random encounters from two really high leveled monsters. So in the span of about a half hour i've increased about 4 or 5 levels. Not too shabby i'd say. I know this doesnt exactly count as secret, but the alarm isnt something one would likely think to mess with either. I was wondering how many other people discovered this wonderful thing.

BTW, my party is Cloud, Barret, and Red, they're lv 28, 27, and 27. I'm gonna guess that's pretty damn good for where i'm at right now in the game.

Aye i done the same really good place to train at that point in the game...but of course the Northern Cave was the best place to lvl up in the whole game...the magic pots were cool when you give it elixers and it gives u a crap load of exp...got lvl 99 from doing that :D

I can't say I've ever trained in that spot, because I assumed it was a dead place to level, I had no clue this was prime training ground, so nice find, I'll probably take that advice and use it sometime. =\

Other than that, I agree that the best place to train is Northern Crater, obviously, it has the largest concentration of monsters, high-level monsters, so long as you don't stray too far. :monster:

Good find. ^_^

Yea, basically the whole group of enemies before you steal the submarine and yadda yadda... are the enemies you fight when that alarm goes off. They're strong but they give a lot of exp. I've only fought one or two battles with them because it's so risky given their strength.

for some reason i leveled up in the forest at mideel...i never bothered looking around for a better spot and that place gave some good experience, thats where i always get to level 99.

It was a little risky for me to fight those monsters in Junon, since they were about 10 levels higher than me, so i had to rely completely on spells and enemy skills (actually i rarely use physical attacks at all). But since just two screens to the left is a little hotel i figured i was pretty safe.

I never knew about those magic pots O_O So if you give them elixers...they just give you a bunch of EXP?

As a side note: I just beat Jenova Life and am at the start of Disc 2 now, Cloud is lvl 34, Barret is 34, and Vincent is lvl 32. I gotta say, leveling up in Juno has made things significantly easier. Leveling up at the North Crater is fine and dandy, but i much prefer to find challenging spots to lvl early on in the game so i have an easier time with bosses (even Lost Number was a pushover).

I've never found that game to be difficult at all. I've only had two tough spots in all of my playthroughs but I only ever die at one of them. That damn demon wall... and way before that at Cosmo Canyon. The leader of the Gi Tribe is always a pain in my ass for some reason.

I've never found that game to be difficult at all. I've only had two tough spots in all of my playthroughs but I only ever die at one of them. That damn demon wall... and way before that at Cosmo Canyon. The leader of the Gi Tribe is always a pain in my ass for some reason.

As i recall, last time i played it (like 4 years ago), Lost Number gave me alot of trouble and so did the demon wall. I owned both of them this time around though ^^

As for Gi Nittak...X Potion, nuff said.

Gi Nattak never has been a problem for me, maybe equip all to haste and equip elemental to ice to your strongest physical character. Then he just falls to limit breaks and normall attacks.

Gi Nattak never has been a problem for me, maybe equip all to haste and equip elemental to ice to your strongest physical character. Then he just falls to limit breaks and normall attacks.

try using : X Potion Or Phonix Down on Gi Nattak, kills him instantly, although it can miss so have all characters use either one of them items on him ^_^

Can't say I noticed. There's plenty of places which offer good training though, so not finding it doesn't bother me. I'll most likely try it out next time I decide to play through though.

I never knew about those magic pots O_O So if you give them elixers...they just give you a bunch of EXP?
You give the Elixer, but you still have to kill it. At this point in the game however, it's not difficult.

Until they run away.

Fighting the orange balls is a lot easier and give way more experience and AP. As for the training spot, yea just the X-Soldier guards and some other monsters. 3500xp I think.

gee, i've only ever really leveled in the caves, magic jars got me everything i needed lv wise, just don't forget the double item materia to dup elixers >_>

Aye i done the same really good place to train at that point in the game...but of course the Northern Cave was the best place to lvl up in the whole game...the magic pots were cool when you give it elixers and it gives u a crap load of exp...got lvl 99 from doing that :D

i always wondered how to get rid of them damn pots, and now i know.......much thanks! will be trying that soon

My place of levelling is the sunken gelnika, lots of exp and AP, gets a little dull but i master all my materia down there!

Back