I hate this game

i made myself a bet once i was at the same part as you. The bet was if I lose one more time I return the game if i win i keep the game. well i won and now im starting to get mad again about neo shinryu.

it has beena while since i have played this game but from whatican remember i didn't really enjoy it asi could never seem to stick my characters on just one class, i was constantly changing them around so they had a veriaty of different abilities and i got bored of training and ended up screwing it all up

The only thing i hated in this game was the battles against Omega and Shinryu not to mention the Massive difficulty against Neo Shinryu and Omega MKII.

Above all stated, the worst thing ever is Omega/Omega MKII deadly counter-attacks and his special attack "Encircle". Taking that apart the rest is fine.

I'm building up to fight Omega right now. I have fought him 3 times with a different strategy each time and he still hands me my ass!!! I was hopeing that the more I played this game the more I'd like it. Sadly this isn't the case I really dislike this game.

I didn't even entertain those bosses, the idea of training myself just didnt appeal to me, I just wanted to get that damn game over with, although I DO have a save close by...... no.....don't even go there woman. Horrible game will never be looked at again

...?

I loved the game. For some reason I found it to be very long, which I love. I loved the class system, I loved the story, I loved the difficulty, V is one of my favourites.

And how could you forget Gilgamesh? God, his character alone warrants a craving love of this game.

Last edited:
I kept doing that, although it was more a weekend or a week or so and I'd be like...soooo, where the hell am I. The game was so 'gripping' that I could NEVER remember where I was up to

Can you even remember what you did last? :wacky:

I didn't hate it. Sure, there were moments I felt dragged on, but it did seem like a tradition FF. The storyline was pretty good, but some of the things in the story felt that they were added last minute for a quick and easy answer.

It is a good game, but it is one of the FFs on the bottom of my 'Final Fantasy games that I would recommend' list.

I got stuck in the same forest as you against the 4 crystal bosses at one point in the game. I spent so many battles trying to defeat them and there was no save point for a while before them so I had a ways to walk before getting there every time.

It got to the point where I put the game down for 6 months before I tried to play it again because it pissed me off so much.

However, when I picked it up again to get back into it, I loved it. I really always loved it, but that one point frustrated me beyond belief. The story is great, and I think if you got heated at Galuf's fate, I think there's some lovin' for FFV in your heart too. :p

What level of gaming is that i would be like yeah a new challenge this is a good game but if you are gonne give up for some stupid stuff why dont you just look for an online guide my god isnt obvious just look for it and clear the game please.

I can understand... this is one of the Nintendo Hard FFs, along with 2 and 3(which, never got released on their original platforms in North America) and came on the heels of their borderline-novel 4.

Still, the job system can frustrate more casually oriented players...

The Sealed Temple was the only area which angered me, though. Behemoths casting Meteor upon death usually killed off my characters. I found Omega and its upgrade a whole lot easier than Shinryu and Neo Shinryu.

I just got the fire crystal classes and so far the only hard thing has been the stupid countdown timer after the fire crystal blew up. And I'm doing a no magic challenge.

its the hardest FF IMO. Took my till my third code to beat it. When i did all that was left standing was the main guy with bout 1000 HP left

So far tonight, all I have done is die, I got done over in some forest by these crysal efforts so had to go do it all over again

Galuf died, wtf, didn't see THAT one coming

I died another 5 times in X-deaths castle (stupid firey floor thing) Gilgamesh was surprisingly easy, and now I keep getting killed by X-Death, I can only assume I need to level my jobs abit more, well and my levels, I think I'm level 30 now but I haven't really bothered learning many jobs

I just can't be arsed, I am debating on just quitting, is it worth all the training I know I'm gunna have to put in before attemopting X-Death again or should I just wave the white flag and call it a day? :gasp:

It's bad enough that I can't really get into it anyway.....eugh, I hate quitting -__-

Although you've probably got past this by now...

Get the Blue Magic, Lv5Death. Then go to Castle Val & go to the basement, where you fight Odin & just run around using it on everything. The enemies are crap with Exp, but they give tons of ABP, either 4 or 8 per battle, depending on whether you fight 2 enemies or 6.

I must say tho, the game isn't that hard. It was lengthy, but pretty easy.

I would ask tho, if they remade the game, for PSP, or DS or wuteva, would you attempt it?

I dunno, I really really hate this game :wacky: It's the job system and how they seem to lean more toward mage classes, Im not a mage user at the best of times. It just irritated me from start to end... I swear I still have nivghtmares over it. If it was remade, and lets face it, it liekly will be after 3 and 4, I MIGHT give it another whirl, but only because I know a remake of VI is surely to follow, and if it doesn't. Well.. THATS JUST MEAN :rage:

I really hate this game :hmph:

I dunno, I really really hate this game :wacky: It's the job system and how they seem to lean more toward mage classes, Im not a mage user at the best of times. It just irritated me from start to end... I swear I still have nivghtmares over it. If it was remade, and lets face it, it liekly will be after 3 and 4, I MIGHT give it another whirl, but only because I know a remake of VI is surely to follow, and if it doesn't. Well.. THATS JUST MEAN :rage:

I really hate this game :hmph:

Actually, surprisingly, there are more physical fighters than else. I found that a few simple things made this game much more enjoyable /coughBLUEMAGICcough/

Still, look at it this way. The villain is a psychotic, homicidal tree of complete penguin doom. Whats not to like? ITS A F*CKING TREE! 8D

Nah, FF6 won't have a remake anytime soon. Why? Because Square. are thick. "WE ALL LOVE FF6!"
Square: "...BRING OUT NEW FF4 GAME!"
"...Can we at least have a compilation of all the FF7 games to date?"
Square: "OF COURSE NOT! THAT WOULDN'T SELL! HAVE ANOTHER GAME YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH OF!"
Still, FF4 is still my fave.

Personally, I'd be glad to see both FF5 & 4 remakes (the latter being a dream come true), but 6? I can wait. I disliked the game. Other than Kefka.
I dun understand why it was so popular...

Back