I just bought the PC version of the game.

ViKtoricus

Ex-Soldier
Gil
It has been 6 years since I last played the game. And now, I really miss it. I have vowed to play it again someday. I could not resume playing it at that time because my PlayStation broke and one of the 4 CDs of the game was damaged because of my carelessness.

Now... I bought it from amazon and it will be delivered in here as an installable game in a CD ROM for my laptop. :yay:

Who else plays the game?

I can honestly say I have never played the PC version of the game, but I have played the PlayStation version extensively. This is hands down one of my favorite FF's, from the characters to the gameplay. It was a all around great game, that all too often gets over looked. I hope you enjoy your PC copy of FFVIII, I wouldn't think there would be any real differences than the PlayStation version.

I've tried Perfect World International too. For an F2P game, it is very awesome.

However I have spent most of my energy with Final Fantasy XIV. It's an MMORPG as well.

I was curious to know if you play FFXIV. You should try it. The classes are very dynamic.

Let's keep this on topic, okay? This isn't a general discussion thread.

-------

I actually just restarted FFVIII about 2 days ago. I'm only in Dollet, drawing magic, but it's probably my favorite FF game. I just love everything about it, especially the card game. Triple Triad is my favorite mini-game :lew: it's so addictive... and I've filled my first five pages of cards already. (with the exception of one rare card on page 5.)

Definitely a great game and I hope you enjoy your PC version :3

If it is for the PC, it should run better as computers have better components than a Playstation. It's a great game and I'm going to play it again from today! Have fun! ;)

I doubt that the PC one is better then the PS version. The PC version has a lot of glitches and bugs. I do not own the PC version so I'm not sure. Anyway, enjoy the game if you can. It is also one of my favorite FF's.

I doubt that the PC one is better then the PS version. The PC version has a lot of glitches and bugs. I do not own the PC version so I'm not sure. Anyway, enjoy the game if you can. It is also one of my favorite FF's.

I can agree to this. I had the PC version (still do...but I got the PS1 version relatively recently...well a few years ago) and I can attest that while PS graphics can be better than the consoles, this surely wasn't. Maybe because it was older and my computer was too good (you know how some old games run on newer PCs), but it was nothing to drool over. The only thing the PC version has going for it was that Chocobo World came with it, something that never released outside of Japan otherwise.

At least it didn't have any crash bugs...that I remember... *shudders at remembering the chocobo racing crash bug in PC version of FFVII*

Love this game, so good. Totally worth buying. I myself played it in childhood and now beat it recently again and loved it.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

1) how much did u pay 4 the damn thing (so i can get my dirty hands on a copy*wink**wink*)
2) hope and pray to the Gods that u have an extremely large internal/external HD
3)Major props :highfive:

2) hope and pray to the Gods that u have an extremely large internal/external HD

Why would you need an "extremely" large internal/external hard drive? It only takes up 300MB and then a little extra for the saves. That's nothing compared to the size games today take up. I alone have 7 games that each take up more than 5GB. I have 25 programs (some are simply expansions that take up a lot of room on their own, Sims 3 for example...each expansion is listed separately in the "Add/Remove Programs" list) that take up more than 1GB.

I myself loved this game^^ It was after all my first Final Fantasy game ever so how could I not love it?
Though mine was for the PS and I only played it on the ps2 since I never owned the original PS..I did find it to run fine but threw over playing,i assume, of the game one of the disks gave out and stalled on me
it was always the scean where the ragnarok smashed into the tower
But I bought another one and it seems to be working fine.
I hope you enjoy your play of the game^^

...although since someone mentioned the choco world I will add my rant about how unfair it was thet they never released the pocet station here, for years I wanted to play it:( when I asked the gamestop people if they had it I was asked if I meant the psp lol But eh

Back