Nintendo I just got a DS. What games should i get?

Roy Mustang

The Flame Alchemist
Veteran
Gil
I just got a DS Lite. (Finally :dry:)

What games should i get? I have Need For Speed: Pro Street and Cash Boom and Bang (came free with DS).

Of course i'm going to get Pokemon. Planning on getting Pokemon Diamond.

But what other games? Zelda? Mario?

Brain Age :monster:

No, seriously, it is a fun game. Haven't played the new one, but the second one is fun to test yourself out on and it adjusts to your current level.

I would say metroid, but the one for the DS sux major ballz. Otherwise, FF tactics A2, Zelda : Phantom Hourgalss and Chrono trigger ( unreleased ).

Is that the same as Brain training Tiel? I was gunna gunna say that, although it makes me look thick -__-

I'd also recommend FFIII, I really enjoyed it, it' alot of fun, if a little hard :gasp:

Also Revenant Wings, it starts off abit shit, but once I got into it I was suprised at how much I really enjoyed it!

Elite Beat Agents is a must if you ask me. I'm still trying to beat it almost a year on, it starts to get pretty difficult by the end but it's a really fun game.

Trauma Center is also worth a shot, one of the earlier big hitters for the DS and justifiably so. It's also pretty damn hard though.

Phoenix Wright 1 - 3 are a good shout. The first and third in particular are awesome games. So long as you can put up with the game not always looking for the same line of logic that you are.

And Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin is my main recommendation. A great return to form for the 2D ones and has plenty of replay value with quests, unlockable characters and a couple of endings to keep you going.

you might want to consider getting final fantasy tactics advance 2: grimoire of the rift. that, and you might also want to reserve FFIV for DS

I just got a DS Lite. (Finally :dry:)

What games should i get? I have Need For Speed: Pro Street and Cash Boom and Bang (came free with DS).

Of course i'm going to get Pokemon. Planning on getting Pokemon Diamond.

But what other games? Zelda? Mario?

My recommendation for you is...

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Golden Sun games (GBA)

MarioKart DS

Bleach: Blade of Fate

Animal Crossing

etc...

Last edited:
Dooooon't get Pokemon. :( I hated it. :/ The designs were truly awful. >.<

I recommend:
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
This game is awesome! Although there's one dungeon you have to re-do a few times, the rest of the game is very very good, and the graphics are good too! The controls could be better, but it's still a true Zelda game and one every Zelda fan should play. :) (I wish the sea travelling had been done differently though!)
Phoenix Wright 1 (2's okay and I haven't played 3)
I didn't expect to like a text based adventure at first, but I'm very glad I tried this out! The game is one of the best for the D.S. imo. It's different, clever, addictive, and has a wonderful cast of characters. The music is quite good too. :) Expect something new, something refreshing.
Wario Ware Touched
Pointless, yes. BUT soooooooo addictive! 'nuff said. :P
Mario 64 D.S.
A classic on the D.S, and with very good graphics for a handheld really. (I think it's much better than Mario Galaxy!! ¬_¬)

If you want a Pokemon game, get Fire Red for the GBA! :P

Edit: Brain Training is also very good imo. :P
And Mario Kart...

I very much agree with Lirael. Diamond and Pearl's new Pokemon stunk! They overdid it. For example, in all other previous games that gave a previously existing Pokemon a new evolution, that type of evolution could not be achieved in a previous generation (like taming, Sun Stone, or trading while holding a certain item). But Diamond and pearl's new Lickilicki (evolve after learning Rollout) could have been achieved from the Emerald Move Tutor.
...Sorry if I was off topic. FFIII is OK but the Wi-Fi function was not that good. It gets very boring after you beat the Cloud of darkness. Supre Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros. are OK, Lost in Blue is good, and Kirby: Canvas Curse is stylus-filled fun!

Elite Beat Agents is amazing! SO much fun, I could literally play it for hours (and I have done xD)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates is good too, although I haven't played much of it...
Pokemon is great! I have Pearl, and I enjoyed it @__@; Then again, I've always loved Pokemon ^^
I can't think of anything else ;___;

BEFORE I START! NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE WHO LIKES THE DS!
I hate that piece of shit. It's horrible.
p.s Brain Age is fun however.

Well then, good thing you're in a thread specifically asking for games on a system you don't like! :gasp: wait-a-minute! That's not helpful at ALL!!! You're so tricky!

Anyways...What can I add that no one else has mentioned...Hmmm...

Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time - Another good addition to the Mario RPG line. They're getting closer to a full-on party like Legend of the 7 Stars in this one by having the baby versions of Mario & Luigi as simultaneous playable characters, but all-in-all, it's much more like Superstar Saga, I think, but that's far from a bad thing.

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - If you haven't played the original RE or the GC remake, then this is certainly a good game to play. I've only played & heard that classic-mode is the good mode in-game (there's another mode that uses more touch-screen gunky).

I think there's a TON of really good looking upcoming titles though...But I won't go off-topic here, I guess...

If you like shooters, Call of Duty 4 on the DS is pretty great... granted its a reduced graphic port of the console/PC title, but for playing on the go, its one of the best games I've played, which is not slightly ironic since the actual Call of Duty 4 is currently my favorite game.

Another DS suggestion would be Final Fantasy III, as has been mentioned... its great for any and all FF fans... and if you're going to pick that up, you might want to reserve Final Fantasy IV while you're at it (which has also been mentioned), as that remake will hit stores on the 23 of this month (just under 2 weks away). That said, I would stay away from FFXII: Revenant Wings... I loved FFXII, and I love strategy games... but this was niether... yeah the story is fairly good, but throughout the whole of the game I was irritated by the fighting system, and once I completed it, I simply had no care to ever touch the thing again (and thus I turned it into $12 of store credit at GameStop).

Moving on... you should ask yourself what kind of games do you like most... the great thing about the DS is that it has most every type of game... though some titles will be extremely hard to find (like Resident Evil: Dead Silence, a game that has already been recommened and that I would love to get... but I can't find it anywhere), most are pretty good... and some ports are great, even though they have the graphic reduction. Another great port is Lego Star Wars... if you enjoyed those games on the console or if you haven't played them yet, but like Star Wars, pick yourself up a copy of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga... its great fun, perfect for portable gameplay.

Well... anyway... there are many more great games out there... I think the best thing would be to go to your local gamestore and take a look at their used DS section... I say used, becasue that way if you happen to pick one you end up hating, you can always bring it back and try again.

Back