im buying a ps3 just for this

LilDemon147

Ex-Soldier
Gil
or atleast i reallly really want to right now... when i saw the original trailer for xiii i thouhg "damn, its like xii again, that was horrible"

now im not a big fan of the whole futuristic mecha world and im an even less of a fan of guns and stuff in rps ( i like old school fighting tactics, like the fighting styles of ff9 and 10 were ideal to me)

but then i watched some more stuff now that its out...

first of all thers snow... i LOVE fist fighters.. LOVE them, zell in ff8 is probably one of my favorite characters to play of all ff games... that and his summon is shiva, W00T..

that brings me to my second point, they braught back the summons they moronically abandoned in ff12 (you will hear me say several times how horrible 12 was, it was bad, very bad)

i do miss ifrit, but seing new versions of shiva, alexander, odin, and bahamut makes me very happy

all the characters look very awesome and fun to play too me. (except that one guy with a chocobo chick in his head, thats kinda lame)

class system is a majour W00T, glad to see this returned. characters still appear to have defined roles as set by the player, yet its not all topsy turvery like 12 was, where everyone was everything (that pissed me off).

turn based fighting has returned..

actually you guys are probably gunna get pissed if i go on but i could go on for ever so:

the Too long/Didnt read version: ffxiii seems to have braught back all the awesomness that was missing from 12 with a vengence, and after 12 ruined the series this seems to be saving it. so im down.

When I saw the title I hoped you were talking about project trico :sad3:

(as in Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, Last Guardian)

Id fully recommend buying a PS3 based solely on how good the first two games were. if you havent played them make sure you do something about that pronto.

As for XIII...meh

Story was kinda (if not very) weak and for all the ambition and hype surrounding the game Id say it was a huge let down in comparison to the previous titles. The fights are, like 12, semi turn based in the sense that if you dont input a command in the space of about 10 seconds the AI will have two turns to whack you.

This makes changing tactics mid battle incredibly impractical, meaning most of the planning is done pre battle, which has never quite been in the spirit of FF IMO.

Anyway the games alright but if you already have a 360 Id advise buying it for that platform.

I'd look other games you for the PS3 as well, I wouldn't buy a PS3 solely for Final Fantasy XIII or any other game for that matter. If it is your intention to buy a PS3 just for this game you might be better off buying a 360 which all in all, is cheaper.

I'd look other games you for the PS3 as well, I wouldn't buy a PS3 solely for Final Fantasy XIII or any other game for that matter. If it is your intention to buy a PS3 just for this game you might be better off buying a 360 which all in all, is cheaper.

I bought mine just for that game :wacky:

I'd get other games but Im further wasting my money because the interest in gaming just isnt there anymore, though, I probably will try to get SOMETHING to justify the expense.... I want that sega collection Ive sen kicking about :mokken:

I wouldn't buy a PS3 just for this game because there are other games out there that are better than FF XIII.. Why don't you look for other games as well...

Well Im STILL planning to purchase a ps3

Games of Interest:

COD MW2
Last Guardian (which Eorzea introduced me to on other forum)
Gran Turismo 5

I did this... In fact I not only bought a PS3 just for FFXIII, but a 42" TV too. I'm almost 90 hours in and I don't regret it one bit. I was long overdue for a seventh gen console anyway!

Final Fantasy in general is the game series I seem to make monumental purchasing decisions on. When I had a PS1 and only had a few games, most of them were FF games, and after playing those games repetitively, I begged my mom to get me a PS2 for my b-day because I wanted to play FFX xD

I just happened to luck out and get a butt load of awesome PS2 games from the massive library after a while ^^

And yeah, I admit it, FFXIII was more or less the reason why I got a PS3. When I bought it, it was that game in my mind, and also the future Versus and KH3 games that was said would only be available for the PS3. THEN I looked around for other PS3 games, and manage to find a few so as not to seem like a total loser xD

This is also what I'm going to do. I bought my PSP purely for the purpose of playing Crisis Core and Dissidia (which I haven't regretted, because I now have other games for it...).
I intend to get a PS3 later on in the year sometime and there are a few more games I want, but XIII will definitely be the first one I play. I also want to go online and since more people I know have PS3s than Xbox 360s and that helped influence my decision about what to get.
Now all I need... is the money for one :hmmm:

A PS3 Slim costs $299 which is the exact same price tag a 360 Elite holds. You can no longer purchase new, normal XBox 360s (at least not at Best Buy) nor can you purchase the original PS3. Therefore, go with the PS3 since it will be cheaper overall. There's internet browsing, a wireless adapter that's already installed, you can charge your controller without worrying about buying batteries, and at this point the game libraries are roughly similar caliber. Oh, and don't forget that the PS3 is a freakin' blu-ray player that can play HD movies like Advent Children Complete! Some few games you want to look into are:

- Final Fantasy XIII (ppl love it ppl hate it. Don't listen to either, but judge it yourself)
- God of War 3 :awesome:
- Modern Warfare 2 (far less idiots and hackers online than with the 360)
- Little Big Planet
- Killzone 2 (should be cheap now)
- Download FFVII and FFVIII
- M.A.G. (multiplayer only)
- Uncharted 1 & 2

That's only if you're trying to decide between the two. I personally use my PS3 far more often than my XBox 360. That'll probably change when the Halo Reach beta comes out on May 3rd, but safe to say I'm leaning towards Sony right now. Whatever you decide, still look forward to playing Final Fantasy XIII. It's not bad by any means as long as you go in with an open mind.

oh you guys get me wrong, ffxiii isnt gunna be the ONLY game i play on my ps3, ill surely get more games, but im not buying it FOR other games, if ffxiii wasnt on ps3 ide probably just stick with my ps2,

but other blue ray games and dvds kinda justify the purchase cuz itll get used ya know?

I am sad to say thats why I bought my PS3 to...Just for this
shitty, imo,
game.
Anyhoo keep your PS2 the ps3 wont play the games for it apparently only the older ps3 models play the ps2 games as far as my friendly neighborhood game shop is conserned=)

You definitly should. You can find really cheap ps3s on ebay for under 100 bucks. Also would be a good idea for FF 13 versus.

As for XIII...meh

Story was kinda (if not very) weak and for all the ambition and hype surrounding the game Id say it was a huge let down in comparison to the previous titles. The fights are, like 12, semi turn based in the sense that if you dont input a command in the space of about 10 seconds the AI will have two turns to whack you.

This makes changing tactics mid battle incredibly impractical, meaning most of the planning is done pre battle, which has never quite been in the spirit of FF IMO.

Anyway the games alright but if you already have a 360 Id advise buying it for that platform.

Changing tactics mid battle are in no way impractical. The Paradigm system takes care of that, easily change tactics, and revert back to your previous at any time you wish. Your ATB will still charge during the shift.

You have plenty of time to choose your commands aswell. Really don't see a problem, and pretty much disagree with everything you just said.

The only time I've planned tactics before battle is when I've been setting up my own Paradigms.

I bought mine just for that game :wacky:

I'd get other games but Im further wasting my money because the interest in gaming just isnt there anymore, though, I probably will try to get SOMETHING to justify the expense.... I want that sega collection Ive sen kicking about :mokken:

I has the SEGA Ultimate Collection. :awesome: It's worth it, GEDDIT NAO!

You definitly should. You can find really cheap ps3s on ebay for under 100 bucks. Also would be a good idea for FF 13 versus.

Wait, what? You must mean broken PS3s. Unless I'm completely in the dark on this, I'm pretty sure you have to drop at least 200 bucks to get a working PS3, even if it's eBay. If there is really one under 100, link me to it, I'm interested XD

Well I was always wanting a PS3 for FF 13 from the moment I heard it was coming. I worked all winter to get the money together for it and finally had one. But then I had the issue of a PS3 and no games.

I have to say that once you buy your first PS3 game, it's really hard to imagine playing anything else. Also, free online is win. Revitalised Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 for me.

I don't see how you can be so negitive about Final Fantasy XII, I mean seriously, it wasn't even that bad. Everyone complains about the Aeons/Espers/Eidolons in FFXII but when really, you would use them more in FFXII then you would in FFXIII. And i don't see anyone complaining about the fact that you barely use Eidolons in FFXIII.
Just irritates me how people can complain about really stupid things.
You don't need to gang up on FFXII because 40% of other people don't like it either. :P

ANYWAY, FFXIII is a good game. But because i havent gotten as far in FFXIII as i have in FFX or FFXII, i'd have to say i'm liking earlier games more.

if you liked ffxii, hey, POWER TO YA! im not telling other people to hate it, im saying I hate it, the espers were horrid, you say you use em more in 12 then in 13? well i didnt use them... at all...

fights in 12 came down to one of two things: can it kill me in 3 hits or less? if yes: mist attack to death, if dosnt die, elixir and redo, and if the answer was NO, haste/berserk on 2 members and ash healing... it dies in minutes, end

it was too easy, the story was boring too me, the fact that everyone was a hybrid buged me, the lack of classes (see previous comment) anoyed me, the "Licence" grid to me, was retarded, the characters had a serious lack of personality...

i can go on all day, anyhow, will have my ps3 friday :-)

DON'T DO IT JUST FOR THAT!

Its not worth the money but if you get it as part of a package like the GTA:4 or the Metal Gear Solid versions, then its not so bad, but have other games on hand dude just to say you have games besides FFXIII

Back