Irreversible progress???

Mystical Ninja

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Does anyone know of key sidequests/items that you can not obtain after you have progressed past certain points in the game? I don't want to find out I missed something after 30 hours of gameplay!!

By the way, I already know what chests not to open in order to get the best weapon later on in the game.

Side quests are totally separate from the real game. Clan Hunts and stuff you can do anytime you want - But I suggest doing all the sidequests you can before progressing in certain areas. They give you awesome items and good Loot to sell + awesome weapons. They also give you access to areas where you can lvl up in if you need to .

Thanks for the help Chishu.

To answer your question Hanni:

The first of the four is in Lowtown, DO NOT OPEN THE CHEST IN FRONT OF OLD DALAN'S PLACE

The second of the four is in the Cellars of the royal palace of Rabanastre, DO NOT OPEN THE CHEST IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CELLARS.

The third of the four is in the Nalbina Dungeons, DO NOT OPEN THE CHEST IN THE CONFISCATORY AFTER YOU RECOVER YOUR LOST EQUIPMENT.

The fourth of the four is in the Phon Coast on the shore with 16 treasure chests, DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THESE 16 CHESTS.

Now I don't remember the actual name of the weapon, I think it is the Celestial Spear. I just saw someone's post talking about these chests, so I decided it was in my best interest not to open them.

It's the Zodiac Spear, Mystical. And incidentally, I have already opened 3/4 of those (I found out about it after I opened the first two).

Yea the one next to Old Dalan's place got me.. I thought I had it, I should of bought the book sooner for that.

Yeah I opened the one if front of Dalan's house too, now all Im wondering is if theres another way to get it. does anyone know?

I am worse, man. I bought the book when I got the game (first time ever, actually. wow.) and I didn't start reading until I got pretty far in.

From what I've heard there's no way to get it - Trust me I've Cleared Necroholis of Nebadus around 3 times.. and keep looking in the secret room for it - nothing.. I heard even if you get a Diamond Armlet you can't get it.

So my advise to all you gamers - If you truly want it - FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND DON'T I MEAN DON'T OPEN THOSE BOXES!

Oh and... you don't need it to beat the game honestly. It's nice, but if you are a strategist, it kind of makes things a little to easy.

Even if you don't open the boxes I think the guide says that it might take a few tries for the spear to appear in the chest.

yer not screwed

have you reset your game yet? your not screwed, there is another way to get the spear. i like ffxii because you have a lot of options in order to back out of a bad move w/out resetting...

hmm can you let us in on this secret you are talking about? I have opened up a chest to.. I have read multiple threads saying - if you open 1 the spear is hopeless.

Your correct, open a chest it's gone. Unless their is some secret process to spawning the chest, you're screwed. (This is how I feel anyways :P )

Back