Is Kimahri really needed?

Casanova

I'm nothing but a beast
Veteran
Gil
Now I'm about halfway through completing FFX for the umpteenth time and it occured to me some way into beating the snot out of Seymour that Kimahri is useless! he has no specific battle style or any real 'Special' abilities i mean atleast Rikku Modifies weapons! what do you think?

I see what you mean... But he is the one character you an control in terms of stats and role etc... You use him as a warrior, black mage, healer, thief or whatever.... But if you use him as a mage he's always less powerful than Lulu and Yuna...

It's always good to have that spare warrior who pwns just as well as another character, I think I'm alone when I say that I think Kimahri was great.

I thought Kimahri was awesome and definitely needed. There's times where he's helped me defeat hard enemies and bosses. Plus, he's one of my favorite characters. ^_^ So yes, he was very much needed by me.

The only problem is that he only has a few good overdrives (nova, big gaurd)
His early ones are really weak

I wouldn't deem any characters useless in this game.
Yuna is a useless black mage when she first joins your party, but later in the game, she's even better than Lulu.
Kimahri also has special blue magic abilities that non of the other characters have. It's just that no one really takes the time to teach him every blue magic spell.

Yuna is a useless black mage when she first joins your party, but later in the game, she's even better than Lulu.
I'd have to agree with this - I always teach Yuna the 'ara' spells when her path on the sphere grid comes close to them! She's a pretty strong mage, and the black magic spells come in very useful! Especially when Yuna's by herself in the maze when the party has been imprisoned in Bevelle...

i prefer yunas overdrive coupled with animas oblivion to do 99999 20 hits

yeah but as long as his str is 255 and an enemies def is 255 it does 60000

he didn't have much to do except for the gagazet episode, which is my favourite, and protecting yuna from "tee-dus" early in the game. but he is one of my most favourite characters in FF history

Back