Is Kimahri really needed?

I find Kimarhi is best used following onto the sphere grid of Lulu, his magic is practically the same strength as hers at the minute, infact I would say with their powers combined they are stronger than Auron who is now boosted to 6000 Hp and a whole lot of power spheres

best thing to do with kimarhi is to use him as a jack of all trades , teach him a bit of blk/wht magicand have him on a warriors sphere grid . using him like this means you dont have to swap between charactors. he would of been more useful in a battle system where charactor swaping didnt happen.

Kimarhi is Yuna's closest friend even though he's fully non-human. He was the one Auron found when he was breathing his last and wanted to fulfill his promise to Braska about making sure Yuna was in good hands. Kimarhi brought Yuna to Besaid Island which saved her life. He could have ignored Auron's request and just left her or abandoned her, but he remained true in character and knew what the right thing was.

Kimarhi's backstory is definitely needed. He's the necesary middle-man that made the Yuna survival story, more real. Plus, games without an abnormal main character party are boring. Kimarhi is the only non-human character in the main party.

Agreed. The only reason he seems useless is because his history wasn't emphasized well enough. You get plenty of chances to see the history behind Auron. Wakka and Lulu reveal their stories throughout the game, and Rikku, obviously is Yuna's cousin. All you ever hear about Kimahri is that he's Yuna's guardian.

Agreed. The only reason he seems useless is because his history wasn't emphasized well enough. You get plenty of chances to see the history behind Auron. Wakka and Lulu reveal their stories throughout the game, and Rikku, obviously is Yuna's cousin. All you ever hear about Kimahri is that he's Yuna's guardian.

Maybe, but that still doesn't mean he's not useless, what I'm getting at here is I've only ever used him unless I really need to but I do agree he must be one of the most interesting characters in the game because you don't get to find out as much about him as you do anybody else, that coupled with the fact he doesn't have a unique fighting style like the rest of the characters I can't help but think that maybe a certain someone was desperately out of ideas for another character and took the short way out by not giving you alot of information on him and by letting you decide on his fighting style.

Yeah. Idk. He seems like just an extra character. But you can modify him however you want.
The only problem is that he starts out on a fairly crappy section of the sphere grid.

Kimarhi was my least used character in all my files, he really sucks...

Kimarhi was my least used character in all my files, he really sucks...

Agreed, I've only used him if there's no choice. You only really need him at Mt. Gagazet but even then Biran and Yenke's stats are mirrored on Kimahri's so there's really no need to try and get his stats up.

Last edited:
If Auron didn't steal his armor-piercing thunder, Kimahri would be an all-time Final Fantasy legend....well, either that or if they had him pee around Yuna to ward off Tidus' courting efforts, much like Rob Schneider in "The Animal" does to the Survivor chick...but nooooooo...Tidus and he have to duke it out like King Kong and Godzilla in a bad japanese flick....(BTW, Tidus would get eaten up one-on-one with Kimahri...I don't care what experience levels and sphere grids say...Heck, my grandma could take him if she had a masamune.)

Wtf. lol. I like Kimahri. In fact, next time I play, I think I'll level him up. ^_^

Agreed, I've only used him if there's no choice. You only really need him at Mt. Gagazet but even then Biran and Yenke's stats are mirrored on Kimahri's so there's really no need to try and get his stats up.

I get a laugh everytime the ronso say "Yenke"...It's kinda like "Yankee" but they have that umph to it....Similar to when a ronso say "Gagazet"...It's like Gogggazet. That middle "g" in Gagazet gets mad accent love.

haha i actually laughed at that
hmmm my auron is a little low so ill upgrade him

I know, they have a whole language to themselves, but no nifty accents!

I'm sure that one of the al bhed had an accent. I remember someone with an annoying tone, but I can't recall whooooo. =x

Back