Is Kimahri really needed?

He is probably the most flexible character in the game because you can take him in any direction from the start.

I have to agree there ... This time round I have him following in Lulu's footsteps and he rocks

Last edited:
Having black AND blue magic, he would make a pretty versatile character imo. ^_^

Indeed. H

Indeed. He can also be turned into a mage type character or an attacking character like Auron. Thats why he is the most versatile...

Last edited:
He's got strong magic AND an armor piercing weapon! ^_^

Okay so I'm giving Kimahri a shot...what can I say? you persuaded me ^_^ I'm currently going through Tidus's Grid with him...bad idea?

Tidus's grid is better than Kimahri's own grid.
It's a better place to start if you ask me...
I can't remember...but I'm sure that Kimahri is pretty far away from Auron AND Lulu's grids to begin with. o_O

Someone should sit down and see what kinds of magic he can be taught. ^_^

I'm sure there must be a guide somewhere...I won't look for it though ^_^

Kimarhi was my least used character in all my files, he really sucks...
How can anyone suck in FFX? You are able to level up any character you want to a level of extreme domination. YOu can get to a point where every single character is hitting for 99,999 on each hit if the strength is high enough.

If someone sucks in your party it's because he/she wasn't leveled up enough. My Lulu and Rikku suck, but in no way suck as characters.

The only reason that Kimahri supposedly sucks is because he starts out in a pretty lame spot on the sphere grid. =x

he starts out in the middle which you can choose which path to go

Yeah but it still would have been better if Kimahri had a bigger Grid of his own with more unique Abilities.

You should be able to learn blue magic on the sphere grid. lol.

Kimahri was like a half finnished painting, his character had so much potential but it just felt like something was missing.

if you move him to the north west side hell become stronger cause the sphere nodes there are mostly +4

Thanks for the tip, I'm going through Tidus' Grid with him at the moment though.

Back