Is this a PS3 ONLY game?

Leeroy Zanzibar

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
hi all, is this game going to be a ps3 only game as a i have a good PC and i hope that i wont have to folk out £350ish just to get FFXIII and the possible FFVII remake. cause i will if i have to!!

ummm unfortunetly, im 99% sure that it's a PS3 only game, but if your PC is fast enough you can emulate Ps3, bu then youll need to have the game stored on your computer or a blu ray reader. but since the Ps3 got 3.2Ghz processor and the graphics are awesome, not many PC's can emulate it, remember that to emulate something your machine has gotta be stronger than the one your emulating.

thats a bit of a poo! well i think i will wait! what is the release date of the PS3 in england and the release date of the FFXIII game.
The PS3 releases in US today, and released in march for europe >_<
FFXIII release dtae is currently unknown but it's probably gonna take some time since europe is the last place for it to reach. Poor Europeans

I've heard rumors of a jump to another system due to so many problems with the PS3 at launch...anyone know anything about this or is this just crazy talk? Or am I the only one who thinks the PS3 isn't going to do too well?

PS3 isint doing too well, good games have been delayed and less exclusives, firmware problems and other problems make it bad.

It's definately going to be ps3 exclusive, the hardware is too advanced unless you have some Ubba PC. The software for ffxiii is to aadvanced for a normal PC, and you'd be forking out more money to update your PC then it is to just buy a ps3. Plus it's worth owning a ps3 for various reasons, and most FF games in the future will be released on it, atleast for the next 5 years. ( or less )

it really annoys me that it is PS3 only, seeing as i just now finally got a PS2...XD my family is technologically challenged...lol

No, period.

No way :P FF13 & FFVersus13 are PS3 exclusive as of now.

Secondly, emulation? that would take years to accomplish, because you cant just emulate something out of the blue. You have to program it and code it to actually make it work. Look at the PS2 emulator, its still not up to speed, yet PS3 is already out. So yes you will have to spend money on a PS3 for the Final Fantasy series, I did.

I really think it would be awesome to release it on the Wii. Sure, the graphics wouldn't be as good, but the gameplay would be awesome. I've heard that Kingdom Hearts 3 is also being released on the Wii so perhaps FFXIII will too? Meh, I doubt it but it's worth hoping for *is not getting a PS3*

Unfortunately I have to agree with MajesticBeast - there aren't going to be anymore PC ports of the series. If they somehow port FFXIII to the PC it will have so superior requirements that most people won't be able to play it and won't want to upgrade their PCs just for one game. Also most PC users like me haven't played the PS 2 games so, no matter the story is going to be different, they will not feel the game like they would if they have played the rest of the games.

Ughh hope you get what I'm saying

I dont really get what you all are on about when your talking about upgrading pc's and all that (i just use my pc for the internet and PS2 for games) but from what i've heard its just gonna be on PS3 (like what everyone is saying) they may release it later on a different console (though i doubt it)

and Cataclysmic where did you hear about Kingdom Hearts 3 been released on the wii :confused: I thought that they hadn't said that they were making KH3 (although they should if they aren't I mean its already got a big fan base) i think KH3 on the wii would be cool but then again i think KH3 on the PS3 would be cool too ^_^

/sigh
If and when FFXIII (and possibly KH3) come out and it is verified that it (they) will be exclusive to the PS3, I guess I'll have to buy them. Until then I don't really see the point in picking that system up though.
I did read a rumor the other day that there was a possibility that FFXIII would also be released on the 360. I don't remember when this was , but it was the site site that predicted Dragon Quest 9 would be a wii title (which turned out to be wrong).

Personally, I don't think keeping the FF main series a PS exclusive would be wise for SE. The only ones who would benefit from that is Sony, whereas releasing them on PS3 and maybe 360 would most likely be beneficial to both SE and gamers. For the record, I do not own a 360, it's just the only system that would probably do FF justice what with all the graphically intenseness of it.

it really annoys me that it is PS3 only, seeing as i just now finally got a PS2...XD my family is technologically challenged...lo

Don't worry you're not alone. I got mine last march and only have like 4 games for it.
I don't have a ton of cash to shell out just to buy a ps3 in order to play ffiii. But...i will save and save and save...if i have to.

SquareEnix have said/announced the will not only suport Sony as the has for the last generations consolls, but also release some games for Nintendo and Microsoft så consolls....

Yes - the reason Square were exclusive to Sony last two gens was because of the overwhelming success of the PS console. The PS3 is on the other hand already falling behind. The most likely other console for release is the Wii because they are already recementing their relationship with Nintendo. They have now released the FFs up to FFVI on the GBA, have FF exclusives for the DS and now are wrking on an exclusive FF:CC for the Wii.

For those saying the graphics are too advanced for the Wii - you have only seen sneak early bits of gameplay. Business viewpoints come into this as well and in that regard, lowering the visuals but adapting the gameplay to the Wii would be a heck of a lot more profitable now for them. FF XIII for the Wii? Can you imagine how fast this game would be picked up?

You know what the truth is? It would sell more copies on the Wii than on the PS3 simply because more will own Wiis. And Square know this...

So its likely now to be released much like the Godfather has - Godfather Don version on the PS3 and Godfather Blackhand on the Wii? Looks like this may be a common trend now due to the Wii's presence... and when adapted right, the Wii version likely to be the choice after all.

This thread is so old.

Back