Is using a strategy guide cheating??

That maybe but if it was cheating wouldnt it be a 'cheat' book rather than a strategy guide ?

Basic definition of cheat: to gain something dishonestly
Basic definition of guide: to lead or direct

Just my opinion of course, but 2 totally different things basically
agreed, that should answer the question of this thread.

Using a stratergy guide isn't cheating, a guide doesnt train you or give you equipment. It may tell you how to do something but in the end it's you that has to do it.

using a strategy guide may not be cheating but it isnt exactly good either

Neither is missing half of the game plot ;) .... I think this is one of those subjects where there will never be a happy medium though .... but like I said before...

Basic definition of cheat: to gain something dishonestly
Basic definition of guide: to lead or direct

No, and the reason is pretty simple:

there are things that even playin hours and hours, you can't get. I saw in some SG , things that if you ask for yourself " how can I realize that not watching a single guide ? " the answer for that is the key to know that using them is not cheat.

==

You just have to see that it takes less than a month to see SG's on gameFAQS, and that's because people who wrote those guides, they have finished the game using the official bought guide.

Or you are so naïve to think that they get all the secrets in less than a few weeks alone?

In the end, everyone uses a SG if you want to get all the stuff in the game.

Who doesn't want a perfect game? And using the SG isn't known exactly as 'cheating', but to 'help' you perfect the gameplay.

Back