Is Zodiac Spear worth it?

haha well it is the most powerful weapon in the game and all but i never got it so i cant tell you exactly how powerful it is. people talk pretty highly about it, and if you've got nothing better to do...why not?

In my opinion, no. In fact, really, I believe that the masamune (katana) is the most powerful weapon in the games. I got both the zodiac spear and masamune, and ended up using the masamune way more than the more than the spear.

HOWEVER, I do suggest that you do get the spear anyways. Just have one of your characters use masamune while another does his/her thing with spear. Suggestion: equip person with katana with genji gloves to maximize number of combos and watch as said character goes crazy with masamune. Most # of combos I got was 12(!!!!). Then equip the other character with the cats-ear hood and any genji armor. This will maximize their speed, increasing the number of hits with the incredibly powerful Zodiac spear. Then have a third character as a supporter, boosting the other two's speed, defense and strength while they go crazy.

But if it's a choice over masamune or spear, go with masamune.

In my opinion, no. In fact, really, I believe that the masamune (katana) is the most powerful weapon in the games. I got both the zodiac spear and masamune, and ended up using the masamune way more than the more than the spear.

HOWEVER, I do suggest that you do get the spear anyways. Just have one of your characters use masamune while another does his/her thing with spear. Suggestion: equip person with katana with genji gloves to maximize number of combos and watch as said character goes crazy with masamune. Most # of combos I got was 12(!!!!). Then equip the other character with the cats-ear hood and any genji armor. This will maximize their speed, increasing the number of hits with the incredibly powerful Zodiac spear. Then have a third character as a supporter, boosting the other two's speed, defense and strength while they go crazy.

But if it's a choice over masamune or spear, go with masamune.

The Masamune doth rock, indeed. I watched a YouTube vid of someone demonstrating how to defeat Yiazmat inside one hour. They had two Damage Dealers, both on Crit. HP, both Bezerked, both with Masamune's and they were dealing 10-12 hit combo's EVERY TIME. It was incredible to watch. :O

The Masamune doth rock, indeed. I watched a YouTube vid of someone demonstrating how to defeat Yiazmat inside one hour. They had two Damage Dealers, both on Crit. HP, both Bezerked, both with Masamune's and they were dealing 10-12 hit combo's EVERY TIME. It was incredible to watch. :O

???How did they get 2 Masamunes???

In terms of whether the Zodiac Spear is worth the items in the chests then yeah definitely.

But personally I don't think it's worth the effort. My 3 characters have Masamune+Gengi (always a good combo), Fomalhaut (best ranged weapon for that healer who doesn't want to get hurt, still manages to do quite a lot of damage, and then negating armor thing is great) and the other is a tank so I just give him whatever weapon gives best evade bonus (I think it was a dagger).

So yeah I couldn't really be arsed to get the Zodiac Spear. From what I hear Tournesoul is more useful anyway.

You get one from completing the battle on the big bridge and another by selling bazzar goods.
I say it is worth it since it is easy to get- all you have to do is miss out chests

???How did they get 2 Masamunes???

<SNIPped>

I refer you to the post below ...

You get one from completing the battle on the big bridge and another by selling bazzar goods.
I say it is worth it since it is easy to get- all you have to do is miss out chests

Yeah, basicaly Eidolon, you get one from defeating Gilgamesh and you can get from the Bazarre as well, if you sell the right items ...

Yiazmat

I refer you to the post below ...

Yeah, basicaly Eidolon, you get one from defeating Gilgamesh and you can get from the Bazarre as well, if you sell the right items ...

It's also possible to get 2 Zodiac Spears, as well. There's a second chest in the Henne Mines that you can only get to while on your way to fight Zodiark, but you have to have the Diamond armlet equipped, and even then there's only a 10% chance that you'll actually get it.

It's also possible to get 2 Zodiac Spears, as well. There's a second chest in the Henne Mines that you can only get to while on your way to fight Zodiark, but you have to have the Diamond armlet equipped, and even then there's only a 10% chance that you'll actually get it.

Correct. I've read accounts of people who have tried TWO WEEKS to get this 2nd Zodiac Spear. :O

It's possible to get more than 2 zodiac spears because the chest does not disappear after you get it. Oh and it is actually 1/1000 chance of getting it

i doubt it. i dont have it cuz i opened the stupid chest. if you made a mistake dont take the time to go back just get the Tourseno
l

i doubt it. i dont have it cuz i opened the stupid chest. if you made a mistake dont take the time to go back just get the Toursenol

Last edited:
the chest has a 1/10 chance of appearing so you may have to try multiple times.
Once you get zodiac spear from it you can try as many times as you like afterwards

Back