Isn't it pathetic

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
how all some girls want to do is get married and make babies?

That's like the only goal majority of girls have in life. They see marriage as this thing that they MUST do to feel accomplished.

The wedding only lasts for a day...but the marriage lasts for much longer than that! Or so it should!

It's like they don't even care who they marry. They constantly just say, 'I wanna get married.'

It should really be, 'I want to fall in love.' and then the marriage bit after.

You need to actually find a guy before you start ranting on about getting married dopey! Make sure he's the right one before doing so too!!!

Grr some girls piss me off with that sort of shit coming out of their mouths. <_<

Aw I know what you mean, some folk just have this aim to get wed. I don't even know if I want to get married, I'd have to see if I met a man first, but I can't say if I was ever with someone and it never happened, I'd be arsed, I think, whether or not I'd want to get married, I'd know if I was with the right guy. i've never been certain enough about any of the exes to think, yeah, marriage etc, I've never been engaged, and I wouldn't WANT to get engaged unless I was damn certain I wanted to get married to the bloke in question. I just don't see the point.

Just to clarify, even though I fell in love with a wedding dress, doesn't mean I'd want to get married for the wrong reasons :wacky:

It's not something women should just want just because they want to get married.

However, I do hope to get married and have a nice family, when I'm older and most importantly, ONLY if I am completely head over heals, madly, deeply, in love with a good man.

There's nothing wrong in only wanting a family or marriage, but women shouldn't be limited to only that. Some women want marriage/kids and a good job at hand, and that IS possible to have at the same time.

Me, however, I'm talentless and I love children, and I'd be lying if I said I don't dream of falling in love and having a great married life with a big family... But like you said, the wedding only lasts for a day, but with it usually comes a lot of responsibilities. Some women think it will just be fun and games, but it won't.

I get your frustration, I really do.

Marriage is about being mature, being in love, wanting a future with another--not to "OMG, wear a pretty dress!"

i dont think its pathetic.

if thats what they want to do let them do it :hmmm:
Yeah, it's not really pathetic, just what they want.

I don't think it is wrong for them to desire marriage in the future. Myself (as unlikely as it ever will be regarding my lack of relationship experience) have always just desired settling down with a single person, rather than having loads of people over the ages.

Some people, especially girls, do desire to settle down. Screaming "marriage!" very early on is risky, and I think people should wait until they are sure before they actually do tie the knot, but to wish for marriage in the future I wouldn't say that is silly.

EDIT - By this I didn't mean to imply that getting married is the only way to settle down.

I think "pathetic" is a little strong. It's like people saying "I wanna be an astronaut" or "I want to be a rock star". It's a commitment that they may or may not be ready for, but it's their dream. Everyone has a dream I think they're entitled to have childish desires. Even if what they want only lasts for one day, they should be allowed to have it. And there's always divorce. That's why pencils have erasers.

I think "pathetic" is a little strong. It's like people saying "I wanna be an astronaut" or "I want to be a rock star". It's a commitment that they may or may not be ready for, but it's their dream. Everyone has a dream I think they're entitled to have childish desires. Even if what they want only lasts for one day, they should be allowed to have it. And there's always divorce. That's why pencils have erasers.

I agree with this. Also I'm not ready to say it's the majority of women who want this just yet. I'm sure there are just as many women who want more for their futures than just marriage.

Back