List some boring parts of FFVIII

Phyrinox

Gil
FFVIII was imo one of the best Final fantasys.. However in all of them there was always a few boring parts of the game I would never look foward to:P ..especially if you beat it a few times..

Ok the parts of the game I really disliked...was the Laguna parts... Ellone would put your characters asleep, and you would play as Laguna kiros and ward.. I HATED THOSE parts..ohh and that SeeD mission where you run into Rinoa for the 2nd time on the train.. Soo boring >_X... feel free to share yours..

I hated long talks, and the Esthar places were boring cuz i didnt know where to go.... some balamb garden parts were boring

I agree-the Laguna parts were VERY boring! I personally think the Laguna parts should'nt of even been in FF 8-they weren't even important to the story.

I would've liked FF 8 better if they had cut out the boring Laguna parts.The Laguna dreams served absolutely no purpose,nor were they even beneficial to the FF 8 storyline.Doing things like going to the Galbadia Hotel just to engage in mindless chatter with a woman and going to Winhill just to kill a few monsters was dull and a complete waste of time,IMO.

Most boring segment for me was the chocobo forest, not that it was essential.

I didn't mind the Laguna parts at all.

Galbadia D-District Prison. Up and down and up and down and fight and up and fight and down and submerge!

Then the missile base. Those parts killed my soul.

I agree with all of you except with the one that said that the Laguna parts were not important.

In order to understand how Laguna sealed Sorceress Adel and how he became the President of Esthar it was necessary to play Laguna's Dreams Story.
The Galbadia D-Desert Prison part was indeed boring.

Last edited:
Anyone who says Laguna's dream parts are nothing to do with the story should be shot repeatedly. honestly!!!!

Anyways I found quite a fair bit of VIII fairly boring tbh, its hard to decide which should be mentioned haha

D-desert was the most annoying and boring part, all those floors, and you have to keep walking em all

Galbadia D-District Prison. Up and down and up and down and fight and up and fight and down and submerge!

ARGGGH! i'm with you on this.. i got sooo damn mad in the prison, all the way up.. all the way down..

the war between the galbadia and balamb was boring for me...
but i think the whole game was boring for me(thanks to the junction system)..
the characters were good though...^_^

I was completely captivated.
Like a well made movie, i took it all in and assumed that it was all integral so i couldnt be bored.

in retrospect, i found a tough boss boring.

FF8/9/10 were like an interactive book you could explore, after that it went a bit dull. i think it was the removal of the pre-rendered, beleivable universe and the voice acting.

Most parts for me was quite interesting i liked all of it some parts like aquiring Odin that was boring

But like stoogie i took it all in howcan a hard boss battle be boring yeah if it drags on it can be boring but hey whats the point of having a battle system if its not going to be hard?

Axel said:

You don't like the missile base?! I love that part. Music was tight, too.

I'll agree with you about Galbadia D-District Prison though. The whole time, I was like, "...Wait, WHAT just happened to Squall?!" Wasn't really paying attention to the endless spiraling ramps and such.

The desert prison section, the way it was designed should have forced any escapee to kill themselves. Finding the White SeeD ship though takes the prize for being the most tedious objective ever.

Back