Lucrecia Immune to Degredation?

I think "exposure" probably is too much of a vague word, when trying to pin-point exact reasons for Lucrecia's lack of degredation. I sort of imagine the situation to be like if there was a mutation in a baby's genes, for example, if Down's Syndrome was a result in the baby, then that mutation wouldn't be passed on to the mother. If the child has Down's Syndrome, the mother wont miraculously develop into a sufferer. Similarly, even if Sephiroth is developing into a spawn of Jenova, that doesn't mean it'll effect Lucrecia in the same way.

In the case of Gillian, she was injected with the cells directly and Angeal was born with the genes, which is what I meant when I said 'exposed' - in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best choice of terminology.

I honestly don't believe that Angeal was degrading - while the wing is the sign of those injected with Jenova's cells, I had always assumed that his was white to represent the purity within him, as opposed to Genesis' black wing [Sephiroth is exempt from this due to aforementioned reasons]. He only wanted Zack to end his life in order to release himself from the belief that he was a monster.

At least, this is how I've justified it in my own mind.

so what in the movie when kadj is looking for his mother he is looking for Lucrecia.... is that correct. wow that is werid. but what gets me is that who would marry hojo.
No, he's looking for Jenova's head. xD

My only objection would have to be that down syndrome is a cellular deficiency which would have no way of spreading like viral cells would.

I would like to say again however that finding out why Lucrecia didn't degrade is no longer an issue with me because it no longer strikes me as odd. Gillian didn't, so deductive thinking leads me to believe that just injecting someone will not male them degrade but would have other effects (Mutation).

To your credit I'm definitively mistaken with regards to Angeal degrading, for some reason I thought back and thought Angeal was degraded during his scenes of despair, but after a trip to youtube i realized that I'm wrong and he didn't degrade until Zack defeated him which could easily be explained in some way.

Once again thank you very much i appreciate your help sincerely.

I just chalked it up to the fact that the more spinoffs Square churns out the more plot holes it creates.

Back