Masamune

c0insnap

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I just defeated Gilgamesh with 3 characters at level 67 and obtained the item. I was wondering, what are the advantages to using the Masamune as opposed to a Greatsword such as Save The Queen?

Don't quote me on this... but I think the Masamune has a higher rate of combos (maybe higher hit rate?).

Re:Musamane

Yes .. Musamane gets great combos... as compared to Save the Queen. Musamane will sometimes get you up to 9 hits in a combo & 3-4 hit combos way more often than Save the Queen.

As a matter of fact, I think the entire Katana class weapons have more chances of multiple hits. And if you combine it with Genji Gloves, watch how often you'll get combos ^_^

I dont know where to get the Masamune. I got all my weapons basically at shops. lol

You have to beat giglamesh, he's an elite mark from monteblanc like a lvl vii or something, he starts in site 11 in the lhusu mines, so you have to have that key. After defeating him it's your reward from monteblanc!

I was wondering about the katanas as well, so thats what they do? wow.... And does anybody know where to get tournasol(?) bcause I have absolutely no clue... And I beat Gilgamesh with a party of levels 57, 56, 57 I think....I always use Vaan, Ashe, and Basch, with vaan using one-handers, Bash using axes, and Ashe using greatswords, I think I might equip the masamune on her now though...

Is he the ONLY place in the game to get the genji armor? hope not :shakefist:

yup. gilgamesh is the only guy you can steal the armor from. if you've already taken him down, then you missed out on the genji gloves. :(

for those wondering, the masamune has the highest combo rate of all the katanas. also, masamune + genji gloves + haste + bravery + berserk = ownage.

So sad for me, next time through I'll get it. I had to focus to beat him, I was like a lvl 42-44, it was kinda tough.

BTW, For the guy looking for the Tournesol, you have to trade for it, with 3 serpentarius gems, 3 gemsteels, and 3 empyreal souls, costs 60,000. Check the bazaar goods faq on gamefaqs for more info and where to find items.

Can multiple Items be stolen from someone?

Yes, but not usually from normal fiends. For instance, you can steal 4 different Genji armors from Gilgamesh. You have to steal them at the right time, (between taunts.) I believe it's after taunts 4 and 5 you can steal The Genji Shield and the Gloves, (one after each taunt.) The second time you fight him, it's also after 4 and 5 for the Armor and Helm.

genji armor is only available form stealing from gilgamesh and the ninja swords combo even more than katana. the yagyu darkblade is the best ninja sword, it has 80 attack power though and all ninja swords add the dark element to your attacks. if you want it it drops form rare monster 310 the bombshell

that link is no good

Do specific types of weapons have their own chance of getting multiple hits?

yes and specific weapons in the same class as well
i think the yagyu darkblade has a higher rate of hits than the masmune

gilgamesh made me laugh a lot on the short cinematics xD, he's awesome.

Back