Me first and the gimme gimmes

Odin's Child

Valhall Awaits
Gil
I recently discovered this band, and I really liked them. I like how they take old classic rock songs and make them modern day punk songs.

I'm usually not a big fan of punk, but I really like these guys. Does anyone else here like them?

Here's a youtube video of one of their songs, it's their cover of Leaving on a Jetplane, it uses a lot of scenes from the movie Airplane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRGr2smD_o

My friend had their CD in college and I think they did a cover of "Up Town Girl." That was coolio.

They aren't really "punk", and they aren't in any way anything original or all that special, but at least they pick cute songs to cover and put on a good live show.

In high school, I was in love with this band, mostly because Fat Mike from NoFX was in it.

Now.. not so much. I kind of grew out of them.

Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard!

Download their remake of that! I've got the original version on CD as well, but the Gimme Gimme's tear up the remake pretty hardcore! One of my favorites songs.

In high school, I was in love with this band, mostly because Fat Mike from NoFX was in it.

Now.. not so much. I kind of grew out of them.

Ive kind of gone off them too, but I'd still ike to see them live. Unfortunately they're one of those bands who only play big cities when they tour.

Back