Playstation Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2

Yeah, I've tried them once and the demonize ability is awesome. Shame that at that point had crap dual blades. Can't wait to get some really good ones.

Am using the hammer now more as I'm liking it more though will keep using Eternal Strife for fighting Rathlos/Rathian.

Finally got some monster bone+ so will start upgrading weapons soon.

Hhaha despite trying to use Duel Blades and doing pretty well with them sword and Shield is just my favorite weapon so I'm sticking with them.

I am also getting the Rathalos Soul armour it has good abilities and with a few decorations added it will see me clear to getting either the first Lao shan Lung armour or take me all the way to the S class.

I think I'll start MHF2 again from start once I finish the Elder quests at the very least though I'd rather get a litter further than that before I play MHF2.

the elder quests are fun little things when your looking to chil out and not for a challenge, with the exception of the last one.

A Final Invitation.

Two Rajang in the arena and they kick arse and I mean a lot of arse you need end game armour to stand a chance unless your one of those amazing Japanese players who can do it without getting hit even once.

I have Monster hunter portable 2 ( The japanese one) because I couldn't be arsed to wait.

I have now completed it 100 percent - White fatalis and Akantor both dead.

I like the concept behind this game but I got bored of playing it quite quickly, there are a few things that could have been improved, For example you are always in the same town, then you warp to the map that the missions are on, this could have been done much better if there was an actual world to explore, ie; you have to actually walk from the town to the maps your marks are on.

But the lack of an overworld wouldn't really matter at all if the game used infrastructure mode instead of Ad Hoc, the creates really missed a trick when they decided to make it Ad Hoc only, and i know i know, you can use some program online to play ad hoc over infatructure but its really too much hassle for me. If this game has infractructure mode i would be on it all the time, as it stands i got really bored reall fast. :p

Still a good game though, i hear the new version is coming out soon. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, although im not sure what will be different, according to sources online it will just add new weapon types, a few monsters and a rainforest area.. Although i am praying for infrastructure mode.

So any of you guys that are playing monster hunter road to freedom 2 gotten to fight the tigerx is it just me or is he a royal pain in the neck?

I like the concept behind this game but I got bored of playing it quite quickly, there are a few things that could have been improved, For example you are always in the same town, then you warp to the map that the missions are on, this could have been done much better if there was an actual world to explore, ie; you have to actually walk from the town to the maps your marks are on.

But the lack of an overworld wouldn't really matter at all if the game used infrastructure mode instead of Ad Hoc, the creates really missed a trick when they decided to make it Ad Hoc only, and i know i know, you can use some program online to play ad hoc over infatructure but its really too much hassle for me. If this game has infractructure mode i would be on it all the time, as it stands i got really bored reall fast. :p

Still a good game though, i hear the new version is coming out soon. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, although im not sure what will be different, according to sources online it will just add new weapon types, a few monsters and a rainforest area.. Although i am praying for infrastructure mode.

1. You should consider it's a psp game.

2. You might as well stay away from all MMO's and go back to FF.

3. It's spelled infrastructure

Most players begin the game thinking you can level up and you can beat most monsters on the first try with ease. What they learn is that monster hunter actually takes skill and careful patience, without a system of leveling. People think capcom's game is just like another BOF.

You get bored fast because it's a hard game and it takes time. It's not like a final fantasy game where all you do it press a command and it automatically hits a enemy. Monster Hunter series for the PSP sold more copies than FF crisis core and it's much more popular in Japan, to the point where they even have so called "classes" in classrooms on how to make the game better.

The game takes skill, patience and teamwork (if with fellow members). This combination attracts many players who want a better challenge rather than pressing a command to automatically hit a foe.

Great game, it was worth my money (crisis core was not).

Last edited:
Back