Music Exam

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry.
Veteran
Gil
Thought I'd post it in here, seeing as how it's a School related thread.

Well, this is the first time I've really asked for advice off you people :wacky:

But I need your help deciding what song to play for my exams.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O6txOvK-mAk&mode=related&search= - Ludwig Van Beethoven's Moonlight Adagio (Commonly known as Moonlight Sonata)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7EBAPoZXcQ&mode=related&search= - Nobuo Uematsu's "One-Winged Angel"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdGXybo_joI - Nobuo Uematsu's To Zanarkand (Piano Collections)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yKnA4slmmlA - Carl Phillip Emanuel Bach's "Solfeggietto"

Keeping in Mind I can only actually play Solfeggietto fully at the moment. To play Moonlight Sonata or A One-Winged Angel would mean working like a bitch.
So, what do you people think?

Try To Zanarkand. It's calming and I'm sure the audience would love hearing that. If you can pull off One-Winged Angel, kudos for you!

The thing is, at the pace I can be assed, it'd take me too long to learn OWA, I'd need to practice for hours on end, I'm well on the way to completing To Zanarkand, however, so maybe I shall.

Wow, you have incredible skill. I can play To Zanarkand, but the normal version, not the Piano Collections one.

I'd say try To Zanarkand. It's so relaxing and a beautiful piece of music. It's longer and more varied than the other you know, too. =]

How long have you had lessons? I had them from 6 'til 9, really, then from 11 'til about 12...Then I self taught myself To Zanarkand, Scalrlet (Ceres) and other random Final Fantasy tracks, which aren't so sound as To Zanarkand. =]

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, Lirael! You play Scarlet too?! =O I was learning that on the keyboard and I was half way into the song...only to realize that my keyboard isn't long enough to play the rest of the song! I was so mad...I really loved that song. Now I pretty much forgotten everything...and I see no point in fetching the pieces back as...well, my keyboard's too short lol.

Now I'm playing Winter from Boys Be...

Anyway OverFjell, stick with To Zanarkand. If you can, try recording the music for us. =)

I'd say Bach, it's a beautiful piece, dynamic and calm at the same time, I'd go with that, plus I don't think a lot of people know it, unlike Beethoven.

Though yeah To Zanarkand is awesome too.

I'd say flip for it from these two.

one winged angel gave me goosebumps when you started playing lol, so i'd have to go withthat one....

but they are all very very good!!!! I am like seriously impressed. I wish i could play something. im not even remotely musical

Last edited:
really for a musical examiniation you need a good quality piece of music.

Also it depends what instrument you are playing

One Winged Angel would not be a good choice as you would need a full Symphony Orcestra to pull it off with the correct effects.

To Zanerkand seems a good idea

Other simple FF tunes are Melodies of Life and what about Kiss me Goodbye or some Theme from it? Just think wisely am sure you want top marks

Good Luck

Wow, you have incredible skill. I can play To Zanarkand, but the normal version, not the Piano Collections one.

I'd say try To Zanarkand. It's so relaxing and a beautiful piece of music. It's longer and more varied than the other you know, too. =]

How long have you had lessons? I had them from 6 'til 9, really, then from 11 'til about 12...Then I self taught myself To Zanarkand, Scalrlet (Ceres) and other random Final Fantasy tracks, which aren't so sound as To Zanarkand. =]

Heh, thanks.

I've had had lessons for just under a year.

You and i are about the same level on piano...

Anyway, out of the list i'de say to zanarkand, howver, if you change your mind i'd recommend either "Attack" from ffx piano collections or "The Oath" from ffviii piano collections. Both are a bitch to learn, but they have a great impacton audiences.

Back