Nintendo Mystic Quest

My friend got it when we were little, and I only recently got it myself... since it's an FF title, game stores generally slap a high price on it :/

I know! I hate that crap. I lost my original SNES copy of Mystic Quest so I had to EBAY a new one. I think after shipping and insurance I ended up paying about $55. But I think that's just because it IS a game for collectors. But even pawn shops put a hhigh price tag on this game just because it's a FF title.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?

So i was digging around in my garage, only to find some old SNES games, which included Mystic Quest. I'm really not sure where it came from, but i was wondering, since its not any of the FFs 1-13, what exactly is it?

Any kind of info on this game would be apperciated :nudge:

-Thread Moved to FF Mystic Quest-

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played and beaten Mystic Quest and I still currently own it. My GOD the battles are relentless and annoying as fuck!

It was akin to Secret of Evermore in that it was made by the NA branch of Square Co. (Square Soft, Inc.) at the time. One messed up thing about it was that when it was released in Japan (almost a year after the NA release), it was called Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest...the EU release renamed it Mystic Quest Legend, which might have to do with the fact that they called Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (JP) (known as Final Fantasy Adventure in NA) Mystic Quest, which was released in EU the same year as "Mystic Quest Legend".

the good old days

i remember siting in front of the tv playing mystic quest all the time
i think i must of beaten it more then 10 times

i wonder if they will ever make a remake?
what do you guys think?

i remember siting in front of the tv playing mystic quest all the time
i think i must of beaten it more then 10 times

i wonder if they will ever make a remake?
what do you guys think?

:se7: oh , your idea is so wonderfull , and i also want to do that , but i am a student , and i do not have much time to do that , i must spent much time to study,

Ahh... I remember this game... I think I still have it in a box somewhere.

I remember thinking for months that the main character was named "J Master" since all 3 files were named that when I got it secondhand... until one day I accidentally hit NEW GAME. :)

It was a great game, I like to think of it as a Starter RPG. Japan only made it because they thought Americans were too stupid to understand Final Fantasy 4.

I used to play it all the time as a kid though, It's way too short and way too easy but, a great game for anyone trying to get into the genre.

Ahh, I used to love playing Mystic Quest, and I still do! It's a classic, and I really hope they release it on Wii Virtual Console! (Since it was on the SNES, but I already have it on an Emulator so,:P!)

I've never played MQ. I hope it gets released on the Wii's Virtual Console.

Mod Edit: Can you put more effort into your posts in the future please. Thank you =]

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great game, I like to think of it as a Starter RPG. Japan only made it because they thought Americans were too stupid to understand Final Fantasy 4.

V_Translanka said:
it was made by the NA branch of Square Co. (Square Soft, Inc.)

Yes, the somewhat rare self-quote-to-answer-a-quote! As you can see, it wasn't Japan that thought Americans were too stupid, but Americans themselves who happened to know how stupid they were! lol

This game was probably one of the first RPGs I have played as a kid. And it really got me to like the genre. Then later on I was introduced to Final Fantasy and I liked RPGs even more. I guess people don't like it because if you went from FF---> Mystic Quest then I could see how they may think it is a terrible game. It was different from Final Fantasy, but I still liked it.

Mystic Quest... The old days when the SNES was still young. I remember it well, it was on a cold and rainx night my dad gave me MQ, i put it into my console and started playing until dawn. yes and thats were i started the adveture of playing RPG. Then came Secret of Mana and finally FF.
I think Mystic Quest should get a remake or a second part. it wasnt that big and not that hard but it was enjoyable. I hope they will consider a new Mystic Quest on the Wii or Playstation, ill be their first buyer :D

Ahh, Mystic Quest... I love that game so much. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it when I was younger, and it proudly sits snugly at No. 8 in my All-Time Greatest game list!

Back