Odin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyDemon

Dark Assassin
Gil
i always wonder when you fought seifer in the saditilite and odin came to help whaqt happen do to him after he lost the sword and also when in the side phinox constantly help me when i never had him in my party i never even found him i never knew anthing about him til i was fighting the robot(saditilite)

If you did side quests and got Odin he'll come at random times at the begining of battles to kill the enemy. he was just a die boss you find. If you had him against Seifer, it's not that he loses his sword. Seifer actually cuts him in half. Gilgamesh takes the sword and replaces odin.

oh thats who it was, so gila is gonna keep coming?? and what about phonix he came constantly after the saditilite and i never stole him or found him

Gilgamesh comes at random times in andy random battle, and randomly chooses between I think 6 swords to attack with. Pheonix, I believe comes when a specific Item is used I believe. It's been a while so I can't say for sure.

I don't quite remember Phoenix in FFVIII, did you have him as a summon? Though yeah you do lose Odin to gain Gilgamesh, to be honest Odin showing up was a bad thing for me, so I always got him last.

I think once you use a Phoenix Pinion, Phoenix will keep appearing on a given pourcentage whenever a party member gets knocked out.

That's what i think though

yeah, i'm pretty sure its a phoenix pinion aswel, i remember only ever really coming across afew in the game but i'm sure that you just use the one and then it just randomly appears when any of your chars are ko'd

Oh right, Phoenix Pinion, now i remember, but I never used it, seemed just too useless.

i think it's the same why a gyhsal green (sp) to get the chocobo summon altho i'm not too sure cause i don't remember if i ever tried and i can't even check cause i lost my memory card with all my ff saves >.<

You get Phoenix Pinion when you finish the quest at Shumi village.

As for Odin, he's a quest boss that can be done on disk two once you have control over the Balamb garden. He is located in the Centra Ruins. I believe it's directly south of the town Balamb. It's in a weird empty continent.

Once you acquire your first Phoenix Pinion [likely from the Shumi Village] you can use it in a battle via the Item command. It will do as described and summon Phoenix, which causes Fire damage to all enemies and revives all party members. However, Phoenix will only continue to aid you as long as you have another Phoenix Pinion in your inventory. If your supply of Phoenix Pinions becomes depleted, Phoenix will no longer come to aid you - that is, of course, until you replenish your supply.

As for Odin, you cannot save him from being slaughtered by Seifer. As you saw, when he died, Gilgamesh took 'the last sword' and takes Odin's place. He aids you randomly, too, but he has four attacks to use - one for every sword. I actually found that to be of a disadvantage, because there's one attack that ends up doing 1 damage, as opposed to the regular Zantetsuken, which caused instant-death to all.

Yeah, Odin was one of the (first) best sidequests available once the Garden became mobile. As Cerridwen already said, he’s found in the Centura Ruins (He’s in the same place you obtain the Tonberry King). Anyway his sword is cast off to Gilgamesh who later takes his place as a randomly appearing GF.

---Cerridwen said :
You get Phoenix Pinion when you finish the quest at Shumi village.---
(I really should learn how to quote)

The quest doesn't ends on this actually. After finding the stones, there's still a something to do, and you will be rewarded by the elder with a STATUS GUARD!

I think Status Guards are as precious as Rosetta Stones and hard to get...>_<

There's also the Moomba Summon which is most likely like the Chocobo summon. You have to use a Friendship in battle for it to appear.

Last edited:
Yeah, Gilgamesh will keep on appearing instead of Odin but I don't think he is as good as Odin. He has several different attacks, some of them are good while others are bad. I thought it was a shame that Odin got killed in the game, he was awesome!

As for the Phoenix summon, I used the Phoenix Pinion one time during the game and he appeared then but never appeared again after that. I was told that he appears randomly like Odin but.. he never did for me! Oh well..

You always need phoenix pinions in your inventory, once they run out he stops appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back