One Of The Best Battle Systems Ever?

What did you think of the battle system?

• It Was Awesome!

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • It was ok

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Hated it with a passion!

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
I think that the battle system was great, easy to use and very strategic, making a win more satisfying...but I do agree that the Sphere Grid was annoying at first but it didn't take long to get used to.

I liked X's battle system, but now that I have gotten into XII, I like XII's system far better than X's and I think XII has the best one so far. It's not that X's was bad, it's just that to me it was too easy up until you got to Yunalesca and Seymour on Mt. Gagazet. There's no challenge in it since you're not under a time limit and don't have to think on your feet. That's me anyway, just my two cents XD

No no. I hated it. The Sphere Grid especially. Talk about something completely and utterly dull. I did like the Overdrives, well Aurons, but FFV's battle system is even better then X's - at least you could pause the game in the middle of a battle..I don't think you could do that in X.

the more i hear you talk about FF games, the more i like you. hehe. :cool:

I really liked FFX's battle system. It was fun, easy to use, and added a couple of bonus points onto my reasons for liking this game. ^_^
I liked being able to switch characters in and out during the battles. <3

the Battle system is way too slow, then again so is every engine after FF7's set to active and 100% speed is too slow in my eyes

I really liked the battlesystem but I personally thought the game was REALLY easy still one of my favorites games ever but I liked active battle better forced you to make quicker choices and you had to think fast I thought it was harder that way. I also like levels alot but sphere grid was cool too a good new and inventive system. Once you got the secret weapons and could do 99,999 a hit pared with the battle system made even the secret moster arena bosses including nemesis were not that challenging. Still loved the system and the game though especially Blitzball!!!:D

That's true. It doesn't really make sense for the monsters to just sit around while you take your sweet time trying to figure which way you're going to kill them. o_O

Nope. Indeed, I really had a lot of fun with this battle system. ^_^
The skills and magic were all very nicely designed too. ^_^

I thought the FFX battle system was alright. I liked the way that there was no waiting bar, it was simply taking turns; when someone took there turn it would go straight onto the next person's then the next and the next. It meant that you could attack as soon as you wanted to. The only thing wrong was that the monsters would never attack you whilst it was your turn. Switching the members was a nice touch too and the fact that you could see when and which enemy was going to attack so you could plan your commands was a nice strategic touch.

I thinl X-2's was better, though in the fact that the monsters attacked fast and numerously, not caring if you were attacking or not; it was fast and intense. Seeing all the characters and enemies attack at the same time was great. You really had to think on your toes because you know the enemies are gonna strike soon.

Pretty much the only thing i like are the limit breaks, and the cool a** magics and music in battle. Most of the other stuff, they could change and i wouldnt care.

Back