Plz help me out

narkata

Gil
playing FF8 on ps3 and after i beat Edea at end of CD2 saved my game inserted CD3 and got wrong disk message, restarted the game but it froze on black screen after PS sign, bought a new FULL 4 CD game and i get same thing with CD3. any suggestions? :(

That sucks, maybe its something Ps3 related D:

Il move this over to computing and technology for you hopefully you will get some help there ^_^

Thread Moved

That's one of the worst things to happen. Did you save more than one file, cause if not, i'm afraid you will probably have to start your game over.

y i got enough of them, but thats not the point, i thought so too that completing CD2 would do better, but like i said CD3 doesnt even load, i get a black screen after PS sign, so replaying CD2 wont help me out here :(

Have you still got your PS1? I had a similar problem playing an FF game on a PS2, a certain part of the game wouldn't load. So I did some research and it's not an uncommon problem for more advanced consoles having problems playing games from previous ones. So I dug out my PS1 and I played that part on it and there was no problem.

Have you still got your PS1? I had a similar problem playing an FF game on a PS2, a certain part of the game wouldn't load. So I did some research and it's not an uncommon problem for more advanced consoles having problems playing games from previous ones. So I dug out my PS1 and I played that part on it and there was no problem.

nah, i dont, well i guess ill just pray for a miracle

Since you've already tried a second copy of the game, I don't think there is much you can do about it.

However, I found when I first bought my PS3, a few of my PS2/PS1 games wouldn't work. But after I downloaded a few updates, I was eventually able to play my PS2/PS1 games on my PS3.

So if your PS3 hasn't been updated since you bought it, try downloading the latest update. Otherwise I'd just buy a second hand PS2 (they're fairly cheap nowadays) or a PS1.

i have exactly the same problem, ur chance is to pray that one of upcomin updates will fix it cuz till now the latest still doesnt solve it, or if u check on ur game case ull find a code, should be SLES-02080, if u could get ur hands on a version with different code it MAY work. lots of lads have probs with FFVIII on ps3, some cant even load any of its CD's, some play without sound, others play having video glitches. so theres two things u can do now, gl mate

Yeah i think that you just need to get a PS1 or PS2, i think thats why they stopped making the Ps3's with compatibility for the PS1&2 games, lot of friends said that they had similar problems. Whether it be a disc change or just randomly freezing up.

Back