Possible to buy without VI?

Johansenburg

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I haven't been able to find this game anywhere without it being with Final Fantasy VI? I all ready have VI and I want this for the PS1. Does anyone know if that is possible? Final Fantasy V is one of two FFs I have never played, and I want to change that.

As far as I know, they come together. Unless you get it for the GBA.....which you said you want PS1 sothat ideas out....I know you can't get V on its own over here for the PS, so I assume its the same for you guys

If Im wrong, I appologise in advance :wacky:

I haven't been able to find this game anywhere without it being with Final Fantasy VI? I all ready have VI and I want this for the PS1. Does anyone know if that is possible? Final Fantasy V is one of two FFs I have never played, and I want to change that.
Do you have IV? If you don't then search for the European version of Anthology over the 'net. Unlike the American version, the European has IV and V instead of V and VI (with VI being released separately, coupled only with a demo for X). If you do already have IV from Chonicals then the next best idea would be to get it for the GBA.

I do have IV for the DS, but I wouldn't mind owning it on the PS, since the DS actually is my friend's. I will look this up. Thanks for the help.

As far as I know VI has never been packed with V, V was with IV in Anthologies
VI comes on it's own

The anthology over the pond is V & VI

Not sure why it has to be different, makes things all the more confusing

Tbh, if you can't get it on it's own, Id sell the copy of VI on ebay or something and get the anthology :3

Not sure why it has to be different, makes things all the more confusing
Innit!

Though I think it was because 'them over there' already had IV with Chronicles and so would've seemed lamer if SE was forcing them to buy a two-disc set just for one less popular disc. ><

I think it was because you guys didn't get Chrono Trigger at all...Not when it was on SNES and not the PSX port (which NA got with IV on Chronicles). Well, at least you'll finally get it with the fancy new DS version.

Yes we were talking about ze Americans. Us Brits and teh like didn't get Chronicles and its version of Chrono Trigger with IV, but instead a 'Anthology' package of Final Fantasy IV and V. VI being released sepratly as opposed to your 'Anthology'.

The Japs at Square must have really disliked the Americans. First they pull a funny on you, saying Final Fantasy III was the third installment when infact it was number six (oh how they must have laughed) and then they go and give you silly packages like Chronicles and translations that one could surely puke at. :wacky:

Since you said that you already have FFVI, but want it for the PS1, I'd say you're going to have to nab it from someone who is selling the 2 separately. FF Anthology package the 2 together, but they come on separate discs.

Unless you can find a friend who has it, I'm guessing you may be able to find an online auction site that sells the 2 separate possibly, with no case included in the transaction.

honestly if you want V by itself (I'm assuming you live in the states)

PSX- hard to find but try ebay
GBA- the american version sucks for the GBA, but gameplay n such is still the same, just really screwed up dialogue
PC- Download the game via an emulator! it actually visually looks more clear cut on the emulator version

We do not encourage the use of emulators, such talk is against forum rules

Originally Posted by FFF Rules
  • Illegal Content:
As members of staff do not wish to be taken to court we have strict guidelines that illegal content is not allowed. This means things like discussions on emulators, torrents, warez, music/film downloading and posting links to places which can illegally obtain software, music, videos etc. Anyone seen doing this will be warned with further consequences if it continues after that.

your only option is game boy but why do you not like to buy another copy of ffvi you can then sell or something some people are looking for a ffvi for psx since in stores its not available.

Back