Ps2 problem???

Cloud 2007

Blue Mage
Gil
I heard that if you play this game on the ps2 and try to save it, it goes really funny and the screen jumps around. Is this true and if so is the game still playable on the ps2??

I've played it on the PS2 and i've never had any problems with it.

Got a link to where you read it off of? Wikipedia usually monitor's their info and validates it every so often.

I played FFV on my PS2 perfectly fine. No screen jumping whatsoever.

I thought this problem was for the Playstation 3. I just read very recently that FF5 from Anthology has a minor graphical glitch when saving on the PS3. However, it shouldn't affect the game's playability. It's just hard to see what's going on in the save menu, apparently.

Well thats what it said bout the ps2 as well. But the ps3 is using the ps2 processor (For ps2 games of course) (i think) so maybe the problem will still happen to ff5 gamers. Although some people don't have this problem as bustamo has said.

Sometimes problems can occur with PS1 games on the PS2 if the console's getting old - my old PS2 went stroppy on me and refused to play any PS1 games, DVDs, CDs OR PS2 games with blue undersides... Got a shiny new one now though, and it plays everything (including FFV - I stormed X-Death's castle last night!) like a charm now! ^_^

That happened to me. It stopped playing ps1 games (with the exceptions of FFI and FFVIII) so i got a new one.

Theres nothing wrong with this game on the PS2, unless You've smashed your PS2, which means it'll fuck up during all games.

umm well no it is not true becasue i've played it on ps2 and the screen dose not jump and i think who ever told u that is lieing :P

o yeh also i have played this game tons of times and saved it nothing has gone wrong.

Last edited:
I have the anthology version and I play it on my PS2. There is a glitch when I go to the save screen sometimes but the screen does not jump. The graphics look kind of funky though and you can't really make out anything. It looks kind of like the screen looks on an NES when the cartridge messes up. Cancelling out of the menu and back to the world map resolves this though.

I have the anthology version and I play it on my PS2. There is a glitch when I go to the save screen sometimes but the screen does not jump. The graphics look kind of funky though and you can't really make out anything. It looks kind of like the screen looks on an NES when the cartridge messes up. Cancelling out of the menu and back to the world map resolves this though.

Me too, the same exact thing happened to me while saving FFV on the PS2. It happens after a save or I'm about to save. I also exit the menu to try fix the funny looking screen. I was still able to save and navigate through the screen.

Heh, this is why I'm replaying the GBA version.

Back