Remake announcement 1/31/07?

it's very possible they remake it... why there aren't pics? they're still busy with 13, perhaps they'll actually start with it after they're done with 13? it's very possible...

They probably will re-make FFVII BUT it wont be anytime soon. Their too busy making the 3 FFXIII games and the other games their making for PS3 and to be honset while I would love a FFVII re-make I'd perfer to get my grubby little hands on FFXIII and Versus I can play FFVII already ^_^

Final Fantasy I though VI have all been remade on at least one other system, I don't see why they wouldn't remake 7 eventually. I'd say in a couple years we'll see FFVII on another system.

Honestly I think that they may remake it. But this is not enough proof for me. Untill it is officially confirmed, I won't believe a single thing.

Final Fantasy I though VI have all been remade on at least one other system, I don't see why they wouldn't remake 7 eventually. I'd say in a couple years we'll see FFVII on another system.
I don't think so, If you read my last post in this thread you'll see why. Anyways not all thos FF's have been entirly remade, most are just ports. The only ones I'd say have been remade are I, II, III, and possibly IV. V and VI are ports at best.

Why the talk of FF VII so much. Once they do pull that off its gonna end up being remakes of VIII, IX...X, X-2, XII....oh dear oh dear. We need to get out of all this remake mentality shizzle people!

I am all for a VII remake, but I can tell you now, it won't happen until Sony Release a different format, since as long as the CD physically fits in whatever unit they release, it's a promise that Sony will provide support for it. The predecessor to Disks lasted nearly 20 years, I see no reason that Disk won't last another 20 considering the amount of research going into expanding the storage space and speed of disks.

I am all for a VII remake, but I can tell you now, it won't happen until Sony Release a different format, since as long as the CD physically fits in whatever unit they release, it's a promise that Sony will provide support for it. The predecessor to Disks lasted nearly 20 years, I see no reason that Disk won't last another 20 considering the amount of research going into expanding the storage space and speed of disks.
EXACTLY, Yhis is what I've been saying all along. But it doesn't necassarly have to be a diffrent formate than discs. The tech used in a new Sony console may not be able to handle original PSX discs due to the fact it will be too advanced to run such old software. Tho it may be a disc like format, its possible it just wont work regardless.

But we now have Blu-Ray, set to be the big format for quite some time and that can handle PSX's CD-Rom's and the PS2's DVD's and I wouldnt be suprised if Sony used Blu-Ray for PS4...so PS5 for a big FF VII remake? :P

It's very easy from a mechanical point of you to make anything that accepts cd size materials play cds as well as thier format. And in the same respect its very easy to have a compatibility motherboard that shares the same graphics output

Irregardless of the circumstances, you've got to admit that the prospect of a remake is exciting. I know it won't come around for a while but I have no doubt that one day it will come. And I won't really start getting excited until SE announces it themselves, but since they've already pulled a team off of the remake to finish up Final Fantasy XII ( news circa september 06 ) I have faith that there is a good chance we will see one within the next few years.

trust me I would be the first inline if they announced a remake of this game, the depressing reality is as I said above however :(

I used to be against this, but I hope that if a remake comes out, it's given some more time. It's only been 10 years sicne its initial release, so it's got a few more years to go before a remake needs to be released I think. Either way, I support Squenix, as long as they keep up-to-par pace with the main series games they release.

Yea, that's a big fear of mine. If they do remake Final Fantasy VII, I don't want it to snowball. We don't need a remake for every single game in the series. Just this one. We've been begging for years. Keep on with the new games, let us have the remake. Hopefully once they pump Final Fantasy XIII out and they have some downtime until the next game.

the only major risk with remaking this game is the series of edits they did to the earlier remakes, if it doesn't have that same magic the original had, it will flop, or worse, cause people to think badly of this game

Back